Chapter 40

"Mac we need to talk now," Jason said. He got to school early and waited at her locker for an hour.

"Fine talk," Mac said opening her locker.

"I am so sorry," Jason said.

"I heard you having sex last night," Mac said, she wasn't really sure why she said it. But she wanted him to know, that she knew how close he has gone with his mate.

"I'm...I'm...It's just she is my mate...and I'm so sorry." Jason stumbled out.

"No you aren't, I mean I know you are sorry that it happened. But you found your mate, so I know you aren't sorry." Mac said slamming her locker. "I'm happy for you, I really am. I don't know how many times I have to say it. But I mean it, it is just I am hurt which means I need time."

"Okay, I'll give you time. But I still love you." Jason said, he went to reach for her but she pulled back.

"You love me like a sister, I get it. But please just give me time," Mac said. Jason nodded and then wandered off to class. Mac rested her head on her locker, lightly hitting it with her forehead.

"Oh my god how pathetic." A voice came behind her. Mac raised her head, she will know that voice for the rest of her life. She turned to find Gage and Sandy looking at her. Gage had his arms wrapped around Sandy and they were both smiling brightly.

"So pathetic," Gage said with a vacant look in his eye. He was looking at Mac, but it was more like he was looking through her.

"Shut up," Mac said.

"I don't think I will," Sandy said walking up to Mac. "You are so pathetic and I know you have been trying to sleep with Gage, but he will never go for something as fat and weak as you." At this point, she was only a couple of inches away from Mac's face.

"Shut up." It didn't come from Mac, but Collin who was walking up to him.

"Don't talk to her that way," Gage commanded using his Alpha voice, but it was weak. 

"Are you going to let her talk to Mac that way?" It was Chloe this time, standing next to Collin.

"Why she is just stating the truth," Gage said, he smiled over at them but it was the same douche smile he had the first day of school.

"Make her say it, babe, make her tell me how pathetic and sad she really is," Sandy said getting in Mac's face again.

"Tell her." Gage barked again using his Alpha tone.

"Sandy I am...." Mac stopped talking smashing her forehead into Sandy's nose. She smiled brightly when she pulled away and saw blood gushing out of Sandy's nose.

"Bitch." Sandy squealed. A second later, Gage, had Mac pressed up against the locker. Mac let Vamp take over a bit of control, her emotions running high and she needed an easy way to control them. His forearm was pressed into her throat but it didn't hurt her, just was a bit uncomfortable tingling sensation.

"How dare you hit her," Gage said.

"What happened sweety, is this friendship over?" Mac asked, but it came out smooth and sultry.

"I was never friends with a human like you" Gage said.

"Gage," Collin said. Gage half turned to see the disappointment in both Collin's and Chloe's eyes.

"Gage rough her up," Sandy said behind her.

"Shut up Sandy," Chloe shouted, startling all of them. This was about the first time she has ever really stood up for herself.