Chapter 54

"Why do we have to dress up?" Jason asked. Mac made him wear khaki's with a nice button down shirt and a tie.

"I like dressing up," John said fixing his tie. It wasn't just them who had to dress up, Mac was making the whole pack show for dinner and look good. They were definitely not happy to do this right after the training they had. Mac made them run around the lake, do suicide sprints, and then combat where it was three on one over and over again until they dropped from exhaustion.

"Because I said so," Mac said fixing his collar. She was wearing a white skater skirt with ¾ sleeve top. She bought it with Susie a couple month ago, it was supposed to be part of her Halloween outfit, but she never got to wear it being kidnapped and all.

"Alright guys we are going to head out," Collin shouted so everybody could hear.

"Wait one moment, I'll walk you out," Mac shouted back, "make sure you guys are ready by six." She ran downstairs to find Collin, Matt, and Chloe saying goodbye to the group.

Mac waited until they were out the front door when she finally turned to them. She forgot it was snowing out and her dress didn't cover much so she pretended to be cold, just like a normal human would be. After her talk with Principal Potter, she found it was even more important for her to keep her secret, she knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if they found out she was a shifter or something, but nobody besides her pack needs to know that she is The Black Luna.

"I just wanted to ask you guys about Maddy, Jazz, and Phoebe. Why didn't you guys tell me that they use to be part of your pack?" Mac asked, she shivered and wrapped her arms around her still faking it. Matt didn't hesitate for a second to throw his jacket over her and she smiled up at him thanking him.

"When Gage's dad was Alpha it wasn't rare for kids to run away before they turned 18. We use to have to turn them in, but now with Gage as Alpha, he said whoever has left is gone, never to return. We have a big enough pack that we don't need to concern ourselves with it. So why bring it up?" Chloe said.

"I guess that makes sense, um does Gage know?" Mac asked but all paused.

"He has seen them around but I don't think he cares," Collin said.

"Don't worry too much about them ducky," Matt said causing everybody to look at them. "Sorry, it is just you kind of remind me of an old friend of mine."

"It's okay, I don't mind the name ducky," Mac said giving him a half hug.

Her phone started to ring and she realized it was the Principal saying he was on his way.

"Alright, time for you guys to go, we have training tomorrow at five in the morning if you want to join. I know it is Saturday, but it will be a busy day of training for us."

"Probably won't be there at five, but noon sure," Collin said the other agreeing to it.

"Alright see you guys then," Mac said, she left them to rush back into the house answering her phone. "Hello, great see you soon," Mac said hanging up.

She rushed in to find the group in the living room. They all looked uncomfortable but were ready for their surprise guest.

"Who is coming for dinner?" Jason asked.

"Yes, why did I have to wear a dress?" Phoebe asked, she looked extremely uncomfortable because she did have to borrow Susie's dress, who was actually smaller than Phoebe.

"Come here," Mac said, as soon as Phoebe was close she started fixing her hair.

"Stop it, Mom," Phoebe said in a mocking tone.