Chapter 51

Hey guys, where are you? Mac asked walking into the cafeteria. She couldn't help the smile that was plastered on her face, she searched for her pack but none were there and then she looked for Gage. She knew he was busy but she still couldn't help but want to see him again. She looked for Collin, Chloe, or Matt but they were also missing.

Mac is that you? Jason thought in the mind link.

Yep, War is awake and ready for action, Mac said laughing to herself. She looked around surprised by how empty the whole cafeteria was. Gage was missing, her pack was missing, and then half of Alpha's Brett pack was missing as well.

Perfect timing, I need you at the east end lawn. Jason said. Like right now.

Mac didn't hesitate to turn on her heals and run to the other end of the school. She found where all the missing students were including Gage and her pack. She pushed her way through finding Jason in the middle with Alpha Brett's Beta across from him. She slightly growled, not at them but she could see Sandy clutching onto Gage's arm. He looked annoyed but wasn't stepping away.

"What is going on here?" Mac asked, but she couldn't look away from Gage and Sandy.

"Alpha Brett's Beta here..." Jason said.

"Fred, my name is Fred," Fred said. He looked annoyed.

"Right, he has challenged me, you know the Alpha of the Nexuses pack," Jason said looking wide eyed at Mac.

"Oh, sounds fun," Mac replied.

"Really Mac?" Jason said.

"Do you mind Fred if we have a moment for ourselves," Mac said smiling at him.

"I can not fight him," Jason said.

"Why not?" Mac asked, she wasn't looking at Jason but was watching Sandy stroke Gage's arm.

"I will lose," Jason said, Mac looked back at Jason seeing his eyes filled with worry.

"Listen here Jason, you are my beta. Beta to one of the most powerful women in the world and do you think I would give that beta position to somebody who is weak?" Mac said grabbing a hold of his hand, she heard a growl from the side and turned to see Gage glaring at them. She couldn't help the smile spread across her face.

"Mac," Jason said grabbing her attention again. "Do you really think I can do that?"

"Jason look I know you can do it, but don't worry if it gets too bad I'll step in," Mac said.

"You can't show them who you are and the pack can't attack because that means war," Jason said.

"You do realize they are declaring war, like right now," Mac said.

"Then why aren't you freaking out," Jason shouted the whole group turning to look at him.

"It's been like a really good day so far," Mac said shrugging. "But don't worry, remember the second time I got a bunch of bites from when those vampires attacked me, well I didn't tell you guys this but one of the powers I got is body control.

"Body control?"

"It's like mind control except I can't control your thoughts just what you do. Like this," She smiled and took control of his arm, making him slap in the face. She laughed while he frowned at her.

"Why didn't you tell us?"Jason said feeling like a puppet.

"Because I really won't use it unless it is an emergency," Mac said.

"That's different."

"Are we going to fight or what?" Fred asked.

"Good luck," Mac said joining her group on the side. She sent him two thumbs up.