Chapter 58

She took a sharp intake of breath before she spun on her heels, next thing she knew she was on her back porch looking up at her pack house.

I'm here, Mac said tossing her bag onto a bench.

Allen was at the living room door opening it up for her.

"Who is here?" Mac asked stepping into her living room to find Alpha Brett sitting on her couch like he owned the place.

"Mac it has been a while," Alpha Brett said sitting up, he looks just as good as ever. The couple months in Alaska only helped him get more in shape.

"Brett, welcome back," Mac walked over giving him a hug. He hugged her back before letting her go. "How was Alaska?" She watched as Allen pulled Pheobe up the stairs.

You better keep that door open, no funny business. Mac mind linked to Allen, he just stopped on the stairs to give her quick look, he slightly nodded but then continued pulling her up the way.

"Great, learned a lot about the family, learned a lot about the pack, and learned a lot about myself. It was cold, of course, it is cold here, but still not as bad," Brett said sitting back down on the couch, Mac joined him.

"Always good to hear," Mac said.

"So I think we both know why I am here, however, I was supposed to be talking to your Alpha. Don't get me wrong it is lovely to see you, but this is about pack business, not about personal business." Brett said.

"So you are wanting to talk to Jason?" Mac said Brett nodded. "Good, because he is on his way. Let me go get you a drink, beer?" He nodded his head smiling at her.

Jason are you in class? Mac mind linked to him while walking over to the kitchen.

I'm in the bathroom why?

Are your pants up?

Yes, why? Mac has yet to do this, but she couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. She thought about Jason, solely of him and within a second he was there in front of her. He looked around confused.

"You forgot my backpack," Jason said finally getting his bearings.

"Um, not sure what your bag looks like so I think that is lost. Just ask John or Trent to go and grab it." Mac replied. "Anyways, Alpha Brett is here and wants to talk to the Alpha of the pack." She said putting air quotes are the word Alpha.

"Fine," Jason said. "You know if we go to war he will find out."

"Yes, but for now it is going to be a surprise," Mac said grabbing a beer.

"Alpha Brett, what can I do for you?" Jason said walking into the living room, Mac following behind.

"Thank you," Alpha Brett said grabbing the beer from her. "I was here hoping to talk about everything, maybe find a compromise."

"Okay?" Jason said confused.

"I know you have a very small pack and I know you are running it well, however it isn't like you can keep all intruders and threats away. You have other packs, vampires, hunters, and who knows what else attacking you, you need protection. So as your new Alpha I will be able to protect everybody in your group, you can continue to live in this house, and the only thing that you have to give up is your land and swear your loyalty to me. Sound fair?"

"You aren't taking over this pack," Mac said glaring at him. War inside her felt the challenge he was laying down, he wanted her pack for himself. She would have to bow down to him and there was no way in hell that she would let that happen.

"That isn't for you to say, Mac," Brett said snapping at her.

"But it is," Jason said, "She knows that there is no way in hell that we would give up our pack. We know how your pack is, we know how controlling and dictatorial you and your Beta can be, so no we do not accept."

"Think about it, there is 100 of us, and only what ten of you?" Brett said, "There is no way you can win."

"There is more than ten of us, but I still like our odds," Mac stated.

"Fine, I came here to give you a chance to surrender but you wouldn't even consider it so I'll make it a slaughter then. Except for you Mac, when I become your Alpha, you will be getting on your knees a lot for me," He winked at her before he left the house.

"Gross," Mac said plopping onto the couch, annoyed and disgusted.

"You have horrible taste in guys," Jason said.

"Ironic isn't it?" Mac said looking over at him.

"Shut up," Jason said joining her on the couch. "What are we going to do?"

"Same thing we have been doing, prepare for war," Mac said.