Chapter 43

"What the hell happened?" Jason asked when he first saw Mac that morning. She was walking in from the backyard. It was obvious that she had yet to go to bed.

"I think I went to another coven again," Mac said, she was looking over her arms and yet again she had small little pricks covering her arm.

"I meant about you turning halfway through the day," Jason said.

"Oh right, I have no clue what happened," Mac said. "I guess I lost control."

"You chased us, it was scary." Trent mocked coming down the stairs. "Glad to see you are okay." He gave her a small kiss on the top of her head before walking past her to the kitchen. Mac shrug following Trent to the kitchen.

"Sorry about missing training," Mac said to Allen who was eating cereal at the counter.

"It's okay I trained with John this morning, it's nice to have some variation you know. I think I may train with him tonight as well." Allen said. Mac nodded, she was fine letting John train, she knew he wouldn't let her down.

"Are you really going to act like nothing happened?" Jason shouted. The whole group looked at him in surprised by his outburst. "You could have hurt somebody, you could have hurt yourself."

"Jason I know, but I couldn't control it," Mac said getting annoyed. "I mean at one point I was in the cafeteria then my body felt like it was on fire tingles coursing through me, War wouldn't stop clawing at my stomach and when Sandy came in." She grunted looking annoyed. "I mean I was fine at the beginning of lunch, just minding my own business writing my....Oh shit. My paper, I never wrote it. Damn." Mac said. She looked around to find the group staring except Katie who was smiling from ear to ear.

"So you couldn't control it?" Jason said, " and what your fever became too much?"

"Maybe it is because of all the new powers you got throughout the month?" John said.

"Well, next month is going to be super shit then because I think I have new powers once again. But this time, well at least what I can barely recall, they attacked me. So it was fair game this time." Mac said she went over grabbing an apple and took a big bite out of it.

"Awesome, you got new powers, what are they?" Ethan said stealing her apple and taking a seat next to Allen.

"Don't know yet, but hopefully something awesome. I do love my teleporting power, I think it is my favorite." Mac said, she winked at Ethan before she teleported next to him, stealing her apple back.

"No fair," Ethan said sticking out his tongue. She tossed it back at him, winking again and this time a new apple appeared in her hand.

"Why do you look so happy?" Trent asked Katie who was now bouncing in her seat. She just kept pointing at Mac but no words came out of her mouth.

"Katie?" Mac asked.

"I'm riding with you to school," Katie said finally speaking.

"Cool, Mac always drive fast so we don't have to leave anytime soon," Trent said.

"No, Mac and I are driving to school alone," Katie said. "Let's go." She grabbed Mac's hand but was mad when she protested against it. "Come one."

"Katie I have no clothes," Mac said gesturing to the oversized shirt she got from the porch cubby, the spare sweatpants missing.

"Just teleport it in the car, you can change on the way. I'll drive." Katie said pulling Mac again.

"What about my paper?" Mac said, "Maybe I should just miss school today."