Chapter 45

"What crawled up your butt?" Collin asked. Gage didn't show for class and neither did Mac so he figured something must have gone down. Especially when he saw Gage's face.

"What do you want?" Gage sighed.

"What the hell happened to you yesterday?" Collin said.

"I went to see Mac, but then I ran into Allen." Gage said, "He looked good, I think. I don't know, all of it is kind of foggy." He half smiled happy to see him well, he brought his hand up to his head. His headache from yesterday coming back.

"I'm glad to hear that," Collin said.

"I tried to talk to her this morning, but she just told me to leave," Gage said his head dropping slightly.

"How was breakfast with your dad?" Collin asked trying to change the subject.

"Really Collin why did you ask that?" Chloe said.

"It's alright, Chloe, and I guess it was alright. Apparently, he wants Sandy and I to get engaged soon. But I told him we are way too young for that."

"Plus she is a bitch," Collin said.

"Hey, don't say that," Gage said.

"Why not you did yesterday," Chloe said. Gage looked at her with a strange look almost like he was lost.

"I did?" Gage asked he couldn't remember much. He remembered what happened in the cafeteria, Mac leaning over him, her legs touching his, her hand seductively running up and down, he pressed his head it felt like it was on fire but not in a good way.

"Are you okay?" Collin asked. "I mean you have always had a bad memory but this is as bad as it was when you were a kid."

"I just....have a headache you know." He clutched at his head remembering this morning, her so close to him. She smelled like pears and he wanted to take a juicy bite. But then he remembered Sandy, his mate Sandy, and her dark green eyes. But they were so different than Mac's bright brown eyes or blue eyes, he couldn't remember. He shook his head slightly trying to get the thoughts out of his head.

"Here," Chloe said handing him some Advil. "Where is the bitc....I mean your supposed mate?"

"She finishing up breakfast with my Dad, Derrick is with them too. But she should be back before third period." Gage said.

"How is she going to pass school if she keeps missing it?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know, my dad talked to the council about her doing Alpha female business so she gets to miss," Gage said.

"What Alpha female business does she do?" Collin asked the only thing she ever did as their supposed "Alpha female" was boss them around. He wasn't even sure if she has even bothered to look at the pack bookkeeping or roll sheet.

"I'm....not sure," Gage said hearing the bell ring and shrugging. "We guess we should go to class."

"Sandy and Derrick hanging out with Gage's dad definitely can't be good for any of us," Collin said to Chloe when Gage was out of earshot, she nodded her head in agreement.

"Where is Mac?" Jason asked, it was lunch time and he hadn't seen her all day. He finally found Katie who was still smiling and winked when she said: "Mac was with Gage." However, when he saw Gage across the cafeteria he was with his pack and Sandy.

"Hey, have you seen Mac?" Jason asked, not happy that he had to asked Gage.

"We haven't seen that bitch," Sandy said holding onto Gage's arm like he was about to float away.