Chapter 48

"Have you found anything yet?" Gage asked. Sandy wasn't at the pack meeting, ever since that day a few weeks ago she has been staying back at her parent's house avoiding him. He was more than okay with that, her being around just brought on an unwanted headache.

"We haven't, she is just completely gone," Collin said. "We have even searched part of Canada."

"And what still nothing?" Gage said.

"Sorry," Collin said looking down disappointed.

"Where haven't we looked?" Gage said he pulled out a map the places they have already checked marked in red which was most of the north west. He had quite a large pack so he sent his pack all over to find her but still nothing.

"The problem is what if we can't smell her. She is human so her smell might not be able to stand out." Collin said.

"She smells like pears how hard is that to find?" Gage said, he threw the book on his desk against the wall, a chain falling out.

"What the..." Collin went over picking up the chain. "Ouch." He said dropping it. "Why do you have a silver chain?"

"It was my mom's, there use to be a black silver stone attached to it, but that was lost awhile ago," Gage said, he picked up the chain and put it back in the book.

"Does that not burn you?" Collin asked.

"It tingles, but I guess I got used to it. My dad used to make me practice holding silver." Gage said placing the book back on his desk.

"That's fucked up," Collin said.

"Yes, I know. But that was back then, we need to figure out where Mac is now." Gage said examining the map again. "We need something of hers, so the pack can smell it and find her that way."

"Maybe we can get something at her locker," Collin said.

"Maybe, go grab something there and I will try the house," Gage said leaving the room.

"Maybe I should try her house," Collin said. But Gage ignored him rushing out of the house.

"I'm coming in," Gage said, he was knocking for over ten minutes nobody answered. "Jason?" He shouted in the house but nobody answered, "Allen?" Still no answer.

"Who are you?" A girl said sitting on the couch. She was young but wasn't afraid to find a stranger entering the house.

"I'm Gage, is there anybody home?"

"Your Gage, the girl said looking up," Phoebe said. "I've seen you before."

"Yes, I think I attacked you with your sisters and that guy once."

"Oh I do remember that, but no I've seen you in my dreams," Phoebe said.

"Talking to yourself again, chipmunk?" Blake said coming down the stairs, he stopped when he saw Gage. "What are you doing here?"

"I need something of Mac's, like a shirt, blanket, or something," Gage said.

"Why?" Blake asked he walked down towards Phoebe pulling her close almost like he was protecting her.

"We are trying to find her." Gage said, "we need something with her scent on it."

"Really?" Blake said. "But Jason said that it is impossible to find her."

"Um, yes we have been having problems trying to find her. But with the help of her scent maybe she will stick out more."

"Well go ahead, her room is..." Blake started to say but Gage just ran upstairs straight to her room.

It hadn't changed at all, not even the jacket that was left on the desk chair had moved since last time. He took his time looking at the photo again. He really wished he could remember the blue eyed girl's name but he couldn't even pick out the first letter.

He wandered into her closet and pears, vanilla, and a hint of death filled his nostrils. He furrowed his eyebrows confused. He remembered the smell, the vampire from the forest. But why was that smell in Mac's room?

"Hey you need to hurry up, Jason will be home soon and he won't like you in there," Blake called up the stairs. The rest of the group were busy training, the reason Blake didn't go today was that he was busy with work and just got home about twenty minutes ago.

Gage grabbed her jacket from the chair and wandered down stairs.

"Thanks," Gage said.

"Good luck," Blake yelled out as Gage ran out of the house.

"Now, time to find Mac," Gage said.