Chapter 68

"Mac," Zane said, lifting her chin up. "Time to wake up."

 It had been a couple of days, the blood has dried, but Mac's wrist has not healed. The chains causing fresh burns on her arms every day.

"What?" Mac said she was tired, he has kept her up most nights running through his ideas of what experiment on next. Whenever she would try to sleep he would sprinkle silver on Gage. His screams would wake her up. Most of his skin has burned, but because he was a werewolf it would heal by the end of the day. Zane did rip his shirt apart so that he would be able to burn Gage's chest, thinking that the face shouldn't be the only part of the body feeling pain.

"Wake up or somebody gets sprinkled," Zane said. She looks over at Gage he was asleep which Mac was thankful for.

"I'm awake," Mac mumbled, Zane smiled coming over to her.

"Great, now we are going to talk about what I'm going to do with the shifter down the hall," Zane stated.

"What are you talking about?" Mac asked surprised. During their talks, he never mentioned anybody else in the building.

"The shifter down the hall, I caught him last week. He can't take silver like you do so I'm trying to think of some way to change that. You can take silver, he can take silver," Zane muttered glaring at Gage, "but this guy can't. Just a slight sprinkle and he is on the floor screaming in pain. It is almost like all this year I've learned from you means nothing. I am back to step one with this guy."

"I'm not going to help you torture him," Mac glared up at Zane.

"You will," Zane stated, he walked over grabbing a bag throwing it at Gage so it splattered against his chest. Gage screamed and Mac couldn't handle it anymore, she threw herself forward with all her strength the chains breaking, she reached out grabbing a hold of Gage's legs soaking in the pain. Taking away anything he felt, making it her own.

Zane looked down at the two startled. The needles that were in her arm now littered onto the floor, the only thing keeping her in her place were the chains on her legs.

Mac whimpered, breathing in the pain she felt radiating through Gage. He looked down surprised, he was fine, first time in the last couple of days. Not a thing on him burned, not even his wrist.

"Stop," Mac whimpered, she could feel the fire burn on her wrist, knowing that he was leaning against his chains. Fighting the wolfsbane that still plagues her blood was tiring her out.

Zane doesn't move, staring at the interaction. It was so foreign to him, something he had never seen before.

"Help me and I will help him," Zane stated finally. Mac whimpered again. The pain she was feeling now was different than when Gage tried to mark Sandy. Instead of somebody digging beneath her skin it instead felt like something was skinning her chest.

"Mac, I'm fine," Gage said. He tried to reach forward again, but this only cause Mac to whimper once more.

"Help me or I will only make it worse," Zane stated. He stepped over Mac to grab another bag.

"Give him my blood," Mac stated. It was the only thing she could think of.

"No," Gage said. "Take my blood, he can have mine." He didn't know what he was volunteering for, but he didn't want Mac to be hurt anymore. He looked down at her, blood was pooling around her chest, not much but enough to know that she was in pain. Her hair was different, the roots not grey but a bright silver, it was growing in length each day and he hated every morning he woke up to see her in pain.

"Now that is a thought," Zane stated.

"No, take mine," Mac whispered between breaths.

"I can't, even if I wanted to," Zane stated. He walked over a needle in hand. "You have too much wolfsbane in your system."