Chapter 12

"Breakfast," Mackenzie shouted throughout the house. It wasn't a big house, it had three bedrooms, a small living room, and a cozy kitchen. It has been a week since she moved in and she couldn't help but feel like home. Jason gave up his room, much against her objection, and moved in with John. Leaving her with a king size bed, and a nice size closet.

For the first three days, all she did was rest and eat. From there she decided to get up and help out around the house. It was a pigsty. Just like how she expected three 20-year-old boys to live, but she set to work. First, she arranged her own room and then the living room. She didn't mind tidying up after them, it was just a habit for her now.

"You cooked us breakfast?" Trent said running through the living room to the kitchen.

"Yes, I cooked eggs, bacon, and toast," Mackenzie said placing the plate in front of him.

"You didn't have to do that," John said obtaining a seat next to Trent.

"I don't mind, I mean you guys are putting a roof over my head and give me clothes every day."

"We do that cause we like you, you really don't have to feed us," Trent said.

"Where's Jason?" Mackenzie said giving John a plate. She walked over to the stove and stood next to it watching the boys.

"You can join us," Trent said, he has had to ask this for every meal. She nodded and gave a small smile. It was hard for her to memorize that there weren't any dictates here.

"Jason went to the mall, I think," John said his mouth loaded with bacon.

"Eat," Trent said, at this point, she was just staring at her plate.

"I know to eat," Mackenzie said taking a piece of bacon.

"Sure you did," Trent said with a grin. "So Mac, do you maybe want to go out and play today, you know in wolf form?"

"Um, I should clean the living room," Mackenzie replied.

"The living room is clean," John stated.

"Your rooms then, I haven't gotten to that," Mackenzie answered.

"Do not touch anything in our rooms, unless you are borrowing it," Trent stated.

"What about, um..." Mackenzie said glancing around. She was too timid to go outside, frightened that they might find her.

"You are no longer in Montana, you are all the way in Idaho. There is no way they can find you. Plus you now smell different than you use to. It is impossible for them to find you." John spoke.

"How about you just come outside and sit. We can have a picnic for lunch." Trent stated.

"I can make more of us food," Mackenzie replied.

"No Mac. I'll make us some sandwiches, some chips and some salads." John said, "and you will eat it all. We need to get some meat back on your bones."

"Here, I'll let you borrow some of my clothes and then we can get everything ready. Maybe even throw the ball around." Trent said.

"No need." Jason said appearing through the door with a collection of bags. "I got her some clothes, and some toiletries." He placed them on the empty part of the dining room table. "I wasn't sure about your size or style, so I got many different options." He took out several pairs of jeans, some t-shirts, and a light pink dress.

"I'm not sure how much of a dress person Mac is." Trent stated. It was a nice dress that settled pass her knee.

"Yes, I'm more of a pants person, but thank you so much." Mackenzie answered. She took a step towards him, to give him a hug but hesitated and instead touched his arm instead. She hasn't been able to hug anybody let alone touch them yet, so this was a big step for her.

"It was no problem, Mac." Jason said, he goes to place his hand over hers but she dropped it.

"I will go try them on."

"Hurry up, and I'll start making the sandwiches." John said.

She smiled, seizing the bags to take to her room. She opened the bags to find underwear and some sports bra hidden in one of the bags. She grabbed them throwing them on, all of them a bit loose. She looked over at the closet mirror, startled by what she saw. This was the first time she has looked at herself since the house and it almost disgusted her. Her hair was now at chin length and she seemed a bit healthier. But what bothered her was the scars that now covered her body. It looked like somebody mangled her on the side of her neck, shredding away her skin. But it looked like it happened years ago, just scar tissue illustrating that something terrible has happened to her. She hastily turn her head, not desiring to look anymore. She slipped on a green shirt and a pair of blue jeans hastening out of the room.

"What's the matter?" Jason inquired, witnessing her run into the room. John and Trent were already outside romping in the sun.

"Nothing." Mackenzie replied, subconsciously placing her hand over her scars.

"We are here to talk, if you ever need it." Jason said. "You are now one of us Mac."

She gave a small smile nodding her head. "Thanks." Mackenzie said.

"Come on, Mac let's play." Trent shouted through the window. She opened the door leaving the kitchen, she hesitated before taking a step outside.

"Catch." Trent said throwing her the ball. She dropped it, but picked it up and easily threw it back to him.

"Let her eat first." John stated.

"She just had breakfast." Trent replied.

"She barely ate her breakfast." John said.

"You guy's do know I'm right here, right?" Mackenzie announced.

"You are right. But please will you at least eat a sandwich right now?" John urged.

"Fine." Mackenzie said taking a place on the picnic blanket. Jason came to accompany her, but not to close to frighten her.

"We should also get you some shoes." Jason said. "I was going to buy some, but I didn't know your size."

"You really don't have to." Mackenzie said.

"You will learn soon that I want to." Jason said, he grabbed an apple taking a bit.

"I'm a size 9." She said finishing off her sandwich.

"Watch out." Trent said throwing the ball, this time Mackenzie put her hand to the side, easily catching it.

"Your reflexes are getting better." Jason said impressed.

"I guess so." She stood up throwing it back, this time she over shot it and it flew across the yard. "Sorry." She stared down at her hands. She could barely throw a ball and now it was easy.

"It's your werewolf strength." John stated. "The healthier you get the stronger you get."

She glanced up with a concerned looked.

"You won't turn into them." Jason said, understanding what the look was about. She didn't want to be cruel and evil.

"They were raised and born that way, not every werewolf is like them." Trent said.

"Some are evil, but just like how some people in society are evil. Most are just like you, good." Jason said.

She nodded her head smiling up at them, she took a seat back on the blanket.

"Just listen to the voice within you, she will guide you. Just like how she helped get you here." John said.

"Thanks." Mackenzie said. She stretched over and held Jason's hand. "Thank you for everything."

"Stop saying thanks Mac." Trent said, sitting across from her on the blanket.

"Yes, you are our little sister now. So get use to us spoiling you." John said, he came over and sat on the blanket next to her. She went over and grabbed his hand as well.

"We will help you gain control of your wolf form and get better." Jason said.

"I've always wanted a sister." Trent said, smiling at her. She smiled up at them, she can't help but feel safe for the first time in months. Happy and safe.

"Now let's play some football." Trent said, springing up with the ball.