Chapter 16

"Mac are you okay," Jason asked while standing outside her door. John and Trent were behind him, Trent holding a breakfast tray filled with fruit and a bowl of coco puffs.

It was a day later and Mac still refused to get out of bed. She came home and headed straight for the shower. After two hours she finally crawled out of the bathroom and had laid in bed all night.

"Mhmmhmmhmm." Came through the door. Jason could barely hear her and decided to open the door.

Her room was one of the nicest ones in the house, it had its own bathroom, a queen size bed, a desk and a small sitting chair in front of the full length mirror. She doesn't have that many items yet, two dresses hanging in the closet and a couple of shirts and pants hidden away in the drawers. Jason used to have this room very dark when he lived in it. He liked it that way cause as he use to say "it represented his soul." Which would then cause a long time joke of him being emo, that still to this day is funny to Trent and John. But the three of them decided for Mac that it would be best to lighten up the room and now it was light blue, with a turquoise accent.

She had her legs and arms out wide in a star formation and her head was shoved into her blue pillow. Brown hair was sprawled out covering the upper half of the bed.

"Mac what happened?" John said coming over to the bed to hold her hand. At this point it was fully healed not a scratch left on it.

"Also why did you come home naked?" Trent said placing the breakfast tray on her desk. She ran past them last night in the kitchen, not stopping to put on their spare clothes they keep outside, not stopping to talk, just running to her room.

"Mhhhmmhhmmhhmmm." Mac said with her head in her pillow.

"Okay, we don't understand anything you are saying." Jason said.

She slowly flipped over, bringing her knees into her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

Jason rested his hand on her back giving her some soothing rubs.

"I saw her." Mac said. She hid her face into her knees. The boys looked at each other confused.

"Does Zack have a wife or something? Trent asked what was on everybody's mind.

She shakes her head no. She could barely say it, barely let the words tumble out of her lips.

"No Zack is whatever, I actually don't know what happened to him." Mac said. She didn't even know if he tried to call or text to see if she was okay. With her rushing out she forgot her purse and phone at the restaurant, but she didn't care she'll just get a new phone and she didn't really care to go on another date with Zack. "I saw Sandy." She whispered

It was almost like in a cheesy movie when the three boys at once took a dramatic breath together.

They all started speaking at once, asking if she has seen any of the other family members, did they see her, were they looking for her, how did they find her, and on it on it went. Mac just sat there,her chin resting on her knees and small tears falling down her cheeks. All of these questions have ran through her head all night long, she was to afraid to shut her eyes scared that once she opens them she will wake up in that cold dark basement again. But another part of her was angry, angry that she didn't kick Sandy's ass right then and there and instead hid under a table.

Finally after about ten minutes of them talking to each other and answering each other questions with speculation they quieted down to let her speak.

"It was just Sandy and her guy, um Gage." Mac said. She actually barely remember the guy not giving him much thought since she left the house. "I don't think they saw me. Well at least they didn't follow me. Thankfully, War disguised me with a human scent."

"Are you okay?" Jason asked.

"She has been in her room all night and looks like death." Trent said in a duh tone. He didn't mean for it to be hurtful, he just didn't think before he spoke. Like normal. John and Jason glare at him, before turning their attention back to Mac.

"I'm not sure." Mac said answering Jason's question. "I'm scared, but at the same time I'm not. I'm conflicted."

"That's normal all this rush of emotion that you have just shoved away the past couple of months is finally resurfacing. But the main thing you need to remember is that you are strong." John said. "We know that pretty much all of last year was hell for you."

"Probably your worst year ever." Trent chimed in, which earned him another glare from John.

"Like I was saying,"John went on annoyed that he was interrupted. "It was a horrible couple of month, but you survived and I didn't know you before you were captured. But the person you are now is amazing. You are strong, brave, and so many other things. I believe you can take anything head on and only come out stronger."

Mac couldn't help all the tears run down her face, but this time it was from love. Love she had for John, love for Jason and Trent, and love for the life she had created.

"That was beautiful." Trent said with tears running down his face and his hands pressed over his heart.

"Thank you Trent." John said in a bit of a sarcastic voice.

"John thank you." Mac said grabbing John's hand. "Thank all of you, I couldn't imagine where I would be without you guys." She gave both Jason and Trent a quick squeeze with her hand. She would hug them, but she wasn't quiet in the mood and they understood that.

"Why don't we bring the TV in here and have a movie night?" Trent said.

"That is actually a great idea." Jason said in surprise.

"I have them sometimes" Trent said like a stubborn five year old child, he stands up walking out of the room.

"Of course you do." Jason said standing up and follow Trent out.

"You haven't even realized how great you are, but don't worry you will." John said wrapping his arms around her.

"Hopefully I will soon." Mac said.