Chapter 42

"Mac," Gage shouted, he ran straight to their house bursting through the door naked.

Allen was in the living room watching TV and he froze. He had a spoon halfway to his lips and a bowl in his other hand filled with cereal. He slowly turned to stare at Gage.

"Allen?" Gage said. Allen didn't move just stayed frozen. "Allen I can see you." Allen still didn't move. "You look great," Gage said taking a step forward but stopped when Allen chucked the bowl at him.

"I'm not going back and you can't make me," Allen said, he jumped over the back of the couch heading up the stairs.

"I'm not going to force you to go back," Gage said following him up the stairs. Allen ran to his room locking the door behind him. "Allen can we just talk?"

"No," Allen shouted he was pressed against the door making sure Gage didn't kick it open or anything.

"I promise you I'm not going to force you home," Gage said. "I wasn't even sure if you were here?"

"Then what are you here for?" Allen said.

"I need to see Mac," Gage said.

"Well, she isn't here," Allen said. "So go away."

"Where is she?" Gage said sounding annoyed now.

"Last I knew she was heading over to the Coeur D'Alene Area," Allen said. It was true, she passed by the house not too long ago heading north. Well, at least he thought it was her, not too many sabertooth wolves still existed nowadays.

"That is like fifty miles away." Gage said.

"Well, she drives fast," Allen said. Gage banged against the door causing Allen to jump.

"Can I borrow some clothes?" Gage said after about two minutes of silence.

"You won't fit my clothes," Allen said, he may have gained a little muscle but he was still half the size of Gage.

"Is there really no clothes in this house I can fit?" Gage asked.

"Try the porch cubby," Allen said. He could hear Gage sigh but head down stairs to the porch. Allen thought about locking him out but he didn't want to leave his room, scared that it may be a trick.

Gage easily found the cubby that was hidden under the porch, he threw on shorts and ran back into the house. He didn't want to be at his house anymore and even though Mac wasn't here he still wanted to stay with his brother. He wandered upstairs knocking on Allen's door again.

"Go away," Allen said, this time he didn't sound like he was right on the door, but more of a distance away.

"I'm not leaving anytime soon," Gage said. He waited outside his door for five minutes, just sitting there resting against it.

 He knew that Allen wasn't going to open it anytime soon, and he knew he deserved this. He couldn't help but think he deserved worse. He let the hurt his brother, his little brother, and what did he do nothing.

 He turned smelling a strong whiff of pears coming from the room across the hall. He slowly opened the door, not surprised to find nobody in the room. It was a large room, clean, and cute. He knew it was Mac's, not just because of the smell but also the multiple pictures she had of her with her friends. Although they weren't all of her, some of her were the girl he met at Derrick's college. He couldn't remember her name, but he remembers her blue eyes, those bright blue eyes. Maybe she was Mac's sister or cousin and came to visit them occasionally.

"Gage." Jason barked running up the stairs. Gage hurried out of the room going to stand in front of Allen's door again.

"What are you doing?" Maddy asked a step behind Jason. Gage easily beat him here even though Jason was in good shape. But a transformed werewolf could outrun any shifter or werewolf in human form.