Chapter 23

"You have got to be kidding me," Trent said. They were all eating breakfast and Trent was rifling through the mail.

"What?" Mac asked.

"This letter, did you not read it? It was open?" Trent said handing it to her. It was the same letter she was about to read when Jason reminded her it was Trent birthday.

"I got distracted," Mac said. She looked on the back to see a giant red WC wax imprint that she opened with the butter knife.

"Well read it, I think you will be as annoyed as I am," Trent said while she opened it up.

Dear wolf, shifter, and human residents:

I am fortunate enough to inform you that Downton County School has officially been open once again. Those of your who are between the ages 18-22 must attend one year of wolf school, this year, and receive a passing grade. School starts September 1st, we look forward to seeing all of you there. Including any humans.

Thank you.

From,

Wolf Council

"Wolf school?" Mac said closing the letter. She wasn't quite sure what it meant.

"Wolf school is were wolves,shifters, and humans all had one year of schooling right after high school. They would learn not only about the werewolf world, but also about vampires, witches, and all the other magical creatures. It was pretty much like highschool except about our world." John said.

"It was shut down about a decade ago because of a vampire uprising. Too many wolves were being attacked and killed at these schools, but I guess they are starting them up again." Jason added on.

"This is so stupid, we are rogues, we shouldn't have to do anything," Katie said.

"We aren't rogues." Trent said. "I mean in a way we are, because it takes 10 members to official form a pack. But we aren't because we do follow an alpha and we take care of each other like a pack."

"Still what are they going to do if we don't go? It isn't like we fall under their protection anyways."

"They can take our land." Everybody's head shot up looking at Jason.

"What do you mean?" John asked.

"It was a clause in the deed when our parents signed it. They had to follow certain protocol with the wolf council if they wanted this land." Jason said.

"So at any point, if we don't do what the wolf council wants, they can take our land?" John asked. "That might of been something important to tell us."

"There were three of us, three lonely wolves. What would they have wanted from us?" Jason said.

"They could have made us join the league," John said.

"We couldn't fight for shit back then," Jason said.

"You should have stilled told us." John said.

"Mac, what do you think?" Katie asked.

"You should have told us, Jason. But I get it, up until this point it didn't really matter. What's the league?" Mac said.

"At one point the wolf council needed protection so they go around finding the best warriors on earth, asking them to join the league. It is their to protect them." John said.

"More like they force them." Jason said.

"Interesting." Mac said. "But I still understand why you didn't tell us and don't worry about the league, I'll take care of all of you.