Chapter 41

"See how much you have improved in just two weeks," Mac said, she and Allen have been doing private training sessions twice a day and already he was able to run 10 miles and throw a proper punch. He even gained a little muscle.

"Does that mean I don't have to wake up at four every morning," Allen said, he was out of breath and just finished his 10th mile. He was still on the slower side for a full werewolf but he was definitely getting there.

"No, I mean we get up at three and start working more on your combat skills, but in wolf form," Mac said.

"I hate you," Allen said lying down on the dead grass. It has yet to snow, but they knew it was just a few weeks away. 

"You love me and you know it," Mac said sticking out her tongue, she hears a bing and pulls out her phone.

Morning gorgeous. It was a text from Brett. Every morning and night he would send her a cute text along with them texting each other multiple times during the day. They have been on several dates since their first date and each one has been pleasant and nice, but nothing to steamy has happened between them.

Morning hot stuff Mac replied back smiling.

"Let me guess, Brett?" Allen asked. "Are you cuckoo for Brett's puffs?"

"Allen" Mac said laughing. "I think I liked you better when you were shy."

"Too late, you brought my weirdness out," Allen said sticking his tongue out.

"Damn me," Mac said jokingly.

Do I get one more kiss before I leave town? Brett asked. Mac frowned a bit, she actually forgot Brett was leaving town for three months. He was going on some Alaska adventure with his dad, apparently, it was a tradition when the son turned 27.

If you can stop by within the next thirty minutes. Mac texted back.

"How's my brother?" Allen asked, surprising Mac enough to drop her phone.

"I actually don't know," Mac said, other than in class she hasn't talked or seen Gage around the school. She wasn't really rushing to talk to him after their last encounter.

"I know you hate him, but I still worry about him. I know I'm stupid." Allen said.

"You aren't stupid, you just love your brother. There's nothing wrong with that." Mac said.

I'll be there in ten. Brett texted back. Mac smiled.

"I'll talk to him today, see how he is doing okay?" Mac asked. She really didn't want to, but if it was to help Allen out she wouldn't mind too much.

"Trent said you will moody today," Allen said. "He said it is your time of the month."

"That little..." Mac said. "It's not my time of the month, it is just the damn full moon. It affects me differently that is all." They went on the side porch heading into the living room and then to the large kitchen which was filled with everybody.

"Morning." They all said at once to them.

"Trent," Mac said smacking him in the back of the head.

"Why do you guys do that?" Trent asked rubbing the back of his head.

"My time of the month." Mac mocked.

"Like it isn't," Trent said and this time Katie smacked him.

"We talked about this, stop telling people that," Katie said.

"Here," Jason said handing Mac a plate.

"Thanks," Mac said looking down, they were talking again, but it was still a bit awkward.