Chapter - 63

Bella's going to play baseball ? asked Charlie.

Yes, sir, that's the plan said Edward.

Good luck with that said Charlie.

She'll be safe with me, sir, I promise said Edward.

As Edward exits..... Charlie holds Bella back.

You got the pepper spray ? asked Charlie.

Dad said Bella embarrassed.

Edward and Bella climbs into a massive Jeep parked in the driveway.

Your father thinks you should go to an all - girl's school said Edward amused.

No fair , reading Charlie's mind said Bella as she notices a baseball bat.

And since when do vampires like baseball asked Bella.

It's the american pass time plus, there's a thunderstorm coming. It's the only time we can play. You'll see why said Edward.

Storm clouds gather in the sky as Bella and Edward pull up in the jeep. She takes a rough baseball diamond, set into an enormous field in the Olympic peaks.

Bella sees Adelyn and Jasper throwing what looks like a ball but cannot see anything until they catch it.

Esme and Emmett comes to greet Bella.

Good thing you're here. We need a umpire said Esme.

She thinks we cheat said Emmett with a crooked smile.

I know you cheat. Call 'em as you see 'em Bella said Esme.

The thunder rumbled as Alice and Adelyn said It's time.

Jasper were swirling the bat.

Bella stays by Esme who plays catcher. Alice pitches with lightning-fast speed. Edward

and Emmett take positions in the outfield. -- Rosalie smashed the ball with the aluminum bat. It cracks like thunder -- and is followed directly by real thunder.

Now I get why you need the thunder said Bella amazed.

That has to be a home run said Bella as the ball disappear into the forest.

Edward's very fast said Esme.

Rosalie darts around the bases fast - Edward races out of the forest as he throws the ball to the home plate and Esme catches it in a millisecond before she slides in.

You're out said Bella. Rosalie gives a death glare as she goes past her.

As they were playing almost for an hour and it was time for the other team to play.

Oh why do you have to be pitching ? asked Emmett.

Well the same reason why Alice pitches for your team Emmett said Adelyn.

Emmett hits the ball as Adelyn bowls and started to run. Carlisle was about to chase the ball.

Adelyn and Alice yelled STOP.

They all stopped what they were doing. Edward is immediately at Bella's side. Everyone gather's at the home plate.

They're are travelling so quickly said Alice.

You said they left the country said Rosalie.

They did, they heard us and changed their mind said Adelyn finishing Alice.

Do they look hungry ? asked Esme.

No Esme they are not said Adelyn.

Edward turned to Bella and said Put your hair down.

Like that'll help. I could smell her from across the fields said Rosalie.

I shouldn't have brought you here. I'm sorry said Edward.

There's a faint rustle as three vampires emerge. As they near, with the base ball.

I believe this belongs to you said Laurent as he tosses the ball to Carlisle who catches it and smiles politely.

Thank You said Carlisle.