Chapter - 155

Edward and Bella sat in a sofa. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

A small smile hit his perfect face, though worry still lined his forehead. 

Heathcliff had his moments, too, said Edward. Adelyn and Jasper came home. Alice jumped from the bottom step, too hyper to wait. She dragged Bella and Adelyn.

Thank you, Bella! she sang as they went to Adelyn's room.

'Oh....that's wonderful, Bella. Thank you so much, said Adelyn.

Hold it, Alice! Adelyn! Bella warned them, lifting a hand up to halt their glee. I've got a few limitations for you both.

We know, we know. We have to wait until August thirteenth at the latest, you have veto power on the guest list, and if we go overboard on anything, you'll never speak to us again........., said Adelyn.

Oh, okay. Well, yeah. You both know the rules, then, said Bella.

Bella took at deep breath. Whatever makes then happy.

Sure, said Bella. Adelyn and Alice smile became smug.

Um......when did you both get me a dress?, Bella asked.

These things take time, Bella. I mean, we weren't sure things were going to turn out this way, but there was a distinct possibility........., said Alice.

Perrine Bruyere has a waiting list, you know, said Adelyn defensive now. Fabric masterpieces don't happen overnight. We hadn't thought ahead, you'd be wearing something off the rack!.

Per---- Who? Bella asked.

He's not a major designer, Bella so there's no need to throw a hissy fit. He's got promise, though, and he specializes in what we needed, said Alice.

Adelyn took her phone to make a phone call and she was talking in French and writing down things.

I'm not throwing a fit, said Bella.

No, you're not, said Alice. Adelyn placed the phone in her pocket. 

Jasper, take Edward away from here, Adelyn called. And, Bree....can you join us in my room?

Bree knocked the door, and she came in opening the door. 

Alice unzipped the bag in one sweeping movement, and then slipped it carefully off the hanger. She took a step back, holding her hand out.

Well? Alice asked breathlessly.

Bella appraised it for a long moment, playing with her a bit. Her expression turned worried.

Ah, Bella said, and she smiled, letting them relax. I see.

What do you think? Bree asked.

It's perfect, of course. Exactly right. You're both are geniuses, said Bella.

Adelyn and Alice grinned. We know.

Nineteen-eighteen? Bella guessed.

More or less, Adelyn said, nodding. Some alteration needs to be done but other than that it is original dress. The lace is vintage. Do you like it?

It's beautiful. It's just right for him, said Bella.

But is it just right for you? Alice insisted.

Yes, I think it is, Alice. I think it's just what I need. I know all three do a great job with the wedding. If you can keep yourself in check, said Bella.

Alice, Adelyn and Bree beamed.

Can I see your dress, Adelyn? Alice's and Bree's as well, said Bella.