Chapter -124

No you didn't. And it wasn't for your benefit, trust me snapped Selena.

I know, I'm still grateful. But I'm back now. And I'm not leaving Bella's side till she orders me away said Edward.

We'll see said Jacob.

Either way, we'll handle Victoria from here on out said Edward.

She's been laying low. Ever since your freaky sister showed up. Guess she can't stand you Cullens either said Jacob.

She'll come back said Edward.

If she does, she's ours. She killed on our turf said Selena.

We'll see said Edward.

Our turn to talk. We're here to remind you about a key point in the treaty said Jacob.

I haven't forgotten said Edward.

Good said Jacob.

What ? what key point ? asked Bella.

If any of them bites a human, the truce is over. We fight or be killed said Selena.

But ..... if I choose it, it's none of you're business Sel said Bella.

Selena flinched but stayed for Jacob.

Jacob is horrified, starting to shake with rage.

If you what !? No. No way. I won't let you said Jacob.

Bella step back said Selena panicked as she tries to control Jacob.

You're not gonna be one of them said Jacob.

That's not your call ---- said Bella.

You know what we'll do to you Bella said Jacob.

We won't have a choice ---- said Selena.

We're done here ---- said Edward.

Edward takes Bella's arm, starts to pull her away. Jacob lunges, trying to extract Bella from him.

You don't speak for her ! said Jacob.

Edward pushes Jacob and Selena away; Jacob flips back ten feet in the air, but he phases into a wolf. Selena also shifts facing Edward teeth bearing. They are in an attack stance. Edward shifts stances as well, ready for a fight ---

Stop said Bella.

Jacob and Selena circle Edward. As Selena comes to the back of them who seconds from lunging ---

Get out of here Bella now ! said Edward.

You do this, you'll be going through me said Bella moving in front of Edward. Selena and Jacob still teeth bearing.

I swear to God, I'm not moving said Bella.

They realizes that she is dead serious. Edward backs off so does Jacob. Selena moves closer to Jacob still ready to fight.

Selena please give me a second please said Bella pleading.

She is the reason Harry Clearwater dead. I lost one of my hero because of HER. Tell her to leave me alone. I'm not her friend anymore. I don't care for her even if she died said Selena – wolf to Edward and went inside the forest.

SELENA wait said Bella.

She won't hear you Bella said Edward.

Bella started to cry and move to Jacob at least he would give her a chance. Edward shakes his head. Doesn't move an inch.

Read his thoughts. Is he going to hurt me ? asked Bella.

Edward does and finally reluctantly backs away. But his eyes never leaves the wolf's. They glare at one another.

Bella carefully approaches the wolf, blocking his line of sight. Her voice is kind and pleading.

Jacob I love you you're my best friend -- please don't make me choose. Because it'll be him. It's always been him said Bella.

Anguish sweeps through the wolf's fierce face. It's even harder to take than when he's in human form ---