Chapter - 79

Found it in your bag. Do you mind asked Alice.

Emmett moves to Edward's sides. Nudges him.

Dating an older women. Hot said Emmett.

Bella caught that. Edward elbows him sharply to shut up.

What ? asked Emmett.

Rosalie steps up. Shoves a silver package at Bella.

It's a necklace. Alice picked it out said Rosalie.

Show me the love ! said Alice aiming the camera.

This is your scrapbook. Now for the presents ! said Adelyn.

Adelyn drags Bella over to a table piled with elaborate wrapped gifts, a huge cake and a tall stack of china plates.

Adelyn, I'm only one who even eats cake. That's thing could feed fifty said Bella.

Hope you're hungry. Here this one's from Emmett and Jasper said Alice.

The others crowd around..... Jasper some what away. Bella, no fan of being the center of the attention, opens the gift to find a radio box.

Umm..... thanks ? said Bella.

Already installed it in your truck said Emmett.

Finally, a decent sound system in that piece of --- said Edward.

Hey, no hating on the truck. Thank you Emmett and Jasper said Bella.

Open mine said Alice.

Alice hands her a box. Bella starts to open it, but --

Ouch - paper cut said Bella.

Bella thinks little of it, but then hears a disturbing, snarl - she looks up just as Jasper lunges towards her ! teeth bared, eyes beyond reason -- Edward flings Bella behind his own body, causing her to crash into the table, plates shattering as -- Jasper slams into Edward; sound like boulders colliding.

Edward pushes him, hard; Jasper sails backward, hitting the wall. But he ricochets off it and comes back at Bella.

Emmett and Carlisle tackle Jasper from the sides, dragging him to the ground -- Adelyn helps him down --

Jazz..... Shhh....it's a little blood said Adelyn trying to control her emotion as well as Jasper's. Emmett still holds him firmly. Bella -- lying amid the shards of broken china. She looks at her arm, seeing now - it's been slashed by plate shards; bright red blood pulses out of her, pooling. She looks up-- All of them now, including Edward but not Carlisle and Adelyn stare at her blood, with fevered eyes.

Adelyn jumps to Bella's side. Edward and Carlisle stands between Bella and Adelyn and the others.

Emmett, get Jasper out of here said Carlisle.

EMMETT yelled Adelyn as she squishes Bella arm from blood flow.

Emmett reins himself in elbows Rosalie to help. They drag the snarling Jasper out. Esme holds her nose, politely exits with others.

I'm sorry, I.......can't said Alice as she exits. Carlisle and Edward still on guard when Adelyn examines Bella's arm.

We'll have to stitch this up said Adelyn after she came to a conclusion.

I'll carry her to the office said Edward.

He moves to pick her up, but his eyes darts to the blood.

We'll take care of her Edward. Addy is here to help said Carlisle.

Edward please go check on Jasper said Adelyn looking at him.

Edward looks from Adelyn to Bella. Then steps back, allowing Carlisle to life Bella and carry her to the office. But just before the door closes, Bella sees Edward's agonized face. He turns away, unable to meet her eyes --.

Bella sits in the chair opposite to Carlisle and Adelyn. Adelyn mops up her blood as she removes glass shards from her arm. She drops one into the bowl, Bella tries not to look at the blood.