Chapter - 99

They think they run this place. Acting all bad ass call themselves " Protectors" said Jacob.

What are they protecting ? I asked.

The tribe, the land, their right to be jerks. Embry used to all them hall monitors on steroids now look at him said Jacob.

I looked closer. The forth guy is Embry, hair short, thin frame filled out, laid back expression gone. it pains Jacob to see him.

That's Embry ? I didn't recognize him I said.

He missed some school - then, out of no where he's following Sam around. Same thing happened to Paul, Sel and Jared. They weren't even friends now Sam owns them. Sam keeps giving me this look like he's waiting for me or something; it's kind of freaking me out said Jacob.

Maybe you should avoid them I said.

I try but - Sel keeps following me around - wherever I go said Jacob.

Hey if it gets worse, We'll go to my dad you could stay with us I said.

Thanks said Jacob.

Normal POV : ( Sam).

He looks at them and then turns and dives over the edge, cutting a clean line into to the water.

That's cool, what do you think on my landing asked Selena.

Little bit off you can change that in few tries said Sam.

I think someone saw us. I was reckless. After the fight with my family Me and Embry were in the woods this morning before coming to your house said Selena.

If they didn't see you shift then we're good said Sam.

We didn't change in front of them said Embry.

Then it is solved said Sam.

Normal POV : Forks High School next day.

Bella carries her tray to an empty table but looks over at her friends. Bella takes a breath then casually joins them.

I'll kill Tyler if he gives me his flu said Jessica.

It's going around my brothers was sick from flu so they couldn't come with us on our hike this weekend .... so they didn't see it said Angela.

Ang, maybe you should keep that to yourself said Eric.

We saw something Eric said Angela.

I believe you said Eric.

No he doesn't. He's just trying to get lucky said Jessica.

Is that an option ? asked Eric.

It was grey and huge; on all four it was taller than a person said Angela.

Or big foot said Jessica.

Or an alien. Lucky you didn't get troubled said Mike.

..... We saw it said Angela.

You're not the only one said Bella.

Everyone stares like did Bella just talk ?.

My dad's been getting reports at the sheriff's station. A couple of hikers went missing. People are scared said Bella.

Now, everyone chilled.

I did hear some guy talking about it at the store said Mike.

Last time you clowns doubt my girl friend said Eric.

Later that day Bella and Jacob went to drive their bikes that they repaired.

I want to go first said Bella.

The bike is aimed down a dirt road.

Jacob runs through the instructions:

Brake?

(she taps it)

Clutch?

(she squeezes it)

Right. Gas?

(she grips it)

You ready?

Bella nods.

Jacob grins... then KICK-STARTS the bike.

Slowly... release the clutch said Jacob.

She does... the bike moves forward an inch – Jacob steps back. She moves forward another inch --

Stop said Edward as he appeared mist.

Bella turns to find the apparition of Edward standing next to her. Her hand slips off the clutch, the bike bucks and falls on top of her. Jacob quickly lifts it off her as the apparition of Edward disappears.

You okay? Bruises, breaks -- ? said Jacob.

I'm going again said Bella.