Chapter- 148

Why are you upset then? asked Bella.

Edward is such a grouch when he doesn't get his way. I suppose if it keeps you sane it's work it said Adelyn.

Would you let them if they say that you have to sit out or would you let Jasper go without you? Bella demanded.

That's different said Adelyn.

Sure it is said Bella and went to the kitchen to eat what Adelyn made for her.

Go clean yourselves after. Charlie will be home in fifteen minutes and if you look this ragged he's not let you go with me again said Adelyn.

Bella looked entirely presentable when Charlie got home fully dressed, hair decent and in the kitchen putting his dinner on the table. Adelyn sat in Edward's usual place and this seemed to make Charlie's day.

Howdy Adelyn, How are you hon? asked Charlie.

I'm fine, Charlie thanks said Adelyn.

I see you finally made it out of bed sleepyhead said, Charlie as Bella sat beside him. Before turning back to Adelyn.

Everyone's talking about that party your parents threw last night. I'll bet you got one heck of a cleaning ahead of you said, Charlie.

Adelyn shrugged her shoulders. Bella smiled knowing her that it was already done.

It was worth it. It was a great party in a long time said Adelyn.

Where's Edward? Is he helping you clean up? asked Charlie.

Yeah, but he will go out with Jasper, Emmett and Carlisle said Adelyn.

Hiking again? asked Charlie.

Adelyn nodded her head and said Yes, they're all going except me. I will be going to shopping. We always go backpacking at the end of the school year, sort of a celebration but this year I decided I'd rather shop than a hike, and not one of them will stay behind with me. I'm abandoned said Adelyn.

Adelyn's face puckered the expression so devastated that Charlie leaned towards her automatically one hand reaching out, looking for some way to help. Bella glared at her suspiciously.

Addy honey, why don't you come stay with us. I hate to think of you all alone in that big house said, Charlie.

Adelyn sighed and something squashed Bella's foot under the table.

Ow Bella protested.

Charlie turned to Bella and asked What?.

Adelyn shot Bella a frustrated look. Bella could tell she thought that she was very slow tonight.

Stubbed my toe said, Bella.

Oh, so how about it? asked Charlie.

She stepped on Bella's feet again, not quite so hard this time.

Er, Dad, you know we don't really have the best accommodations here. I bet Adelyn doesn't want to sleep on my floor said, Bella.

Charlie pursed his lips. Adelyn pulled out the devastated expression again.

Maybe Bella should stay up there with you just until your folks get back said, Charlie.

Sure. Shopping okay... said, Bella.

When are they leaving? asked Charlie.

Adelyn made another face and said Tomorrow.

When do you want me? asked Bella.

After dinner, I guess said Adelyn and then put one finger to her chin, thoughtful and continued You don't have anything going on Saturday, do you? I want to get out of town to shop, and it will be an all-day thing.

Not Seattle said Charlie interjected his eyebrows pulling together.

Of course not. We would spend the morning shopping and have a sleepover and I was thinking Olympia maybe....... said Adelyn.

You'll like that Bells. Go get your fill of the city said Charlie.

Yeah, dad, It'll be great said, Bella.

With one easy conversation, Adelyn had cleared Bella's schedule for the battle.

Edward returned not much later. He accepted Charlie's wishes for a nice trip without surprise. He claimed the others were leaving early in the morning and said goodnight before the usual time. Adelyn left with him.

Bella excused herself soon after they left.

You can't be tired Charlie protested.

A little. Adelyn makes me stay awake all night on our sleepover said, Bella.

No wonder you like to skip parties, it takes you so long to recover said, Charlie.

Upstairs Edward was lying in her bed.

What time are we meeting with the wolves? muttered Bella as she went to join him.

In an hour said, Edward.

That's good. Jake and his friends need to set some sleep said, Bella.

They don't need sleep as much as you said, Edward.

Did Addy tell you that she's kidnapping me again? asked Bella.

Actually, she's not said, Edward.

Bella stared at him confused and he laughed quietly at her expression.

I'm the only one who has permission to hold you hostage, remember? Adelyn is going hunting with Jasper and the rest. I guess I don't need to do that now Edward said with a sigh.

So... you're kidnapping me? Bella asked.

Edward nodded his head.

Bella thought about that briefly. No Charlie listening downstairs, checking on Bella every so often. And no houseful of wide-awake vampires with their intrusively sensitive hearing. Just him and Bella really alone.

Is that all right? Edward asked concerned by her silence.

Well sure, except for one thing Bella said.

What thing? Edward asked his eyes were anxious. It was mind-boggling but somehow he still seemed unsure of his hold once.

Why did Adelyn tell Charlie you were leaving tonight Bella said with a tonne of curiosity.

You'll see why Edward said and he led Bella through the window and they left to the clearing.

Bella and Edward got to the clearing last.

Jasper and Emmett were already wrestling just warming up from the sounds of their laughter. Alice and Rosalie lounged on the hard ground. Adelyn jumped and joined Jasper and Emmett as they started to play fight. Esme and Carlisle were talking a few yards away heads close together, fingers locked not paying attention.

They were only four wolves there.

Where are the rest of the wolves? Bella asked looking at them.

They don't all need to be here. One would do the job but Sam didn't trust us enough to just send Jacob though Jacob was willing. Quil, Embry, and Selena are his usual. I guess you could call them his side-kicks Edward said to Bella.

The white wolf growled at Edward.

Jacob trusts you? Bella asked with a shock.

Edward nodded and said he trusts us not try to kill them. That's about it, though.

Are you participating? Bella asked Edward.

I'll help Jasper when he needs it. He wants to try some unequal groupings teach them how to deal with multiple attackers Edward said as he shrugged his shoulders.