(Ren Kouen) busy woman

this is so cute that i could cry.

(Unedited)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen, it's either you trade your apples for my mangos or the deal's off and before you even try threatening me, i'm going to warn you. Just because i'm a woman doesn't mean that i need my husband to kick your asses for me." the men before me shivered before agreeing to my terms and signing the contract.

"I wish you good fortune lady (y/n)" they called as they left the room.

"And i you." once they were gone, i slouched in my chair and let out an exasperated sigh. Being the queen of a prosperous kingdom was nowhere near easy, especially when you had a son and married the first prince of kou.

Sure i loved my life and wouldn't change it for anything but all of the men underestimating me because i was wedded was something i wish i could. Before i met kouen, many world leaders had respect for me since i had no one to help me but after kouen came into the mix, all of them lost their civility.

'Looking down on me like i'm some type of house wife, who do they think they are?' i kissed my teeth just as there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." the red-haired man who I'd decided to marry entered my office and gave me a smile which i returned.

"Are they still giving you trouble?" i nodded and he picked me up then sat down in my chair and placed me in his lap.

"I don't know why you won't just let me handle the business while you take care of Kazuhiko."

"I already told you, i will deal with Rhevina while you deal with kou. I've already spent three years away from the drawing tables because of our child, i can't take away any more time." i protested. The man kissed my neck and let out a sigh.

"You barely take a break and it's starting to take an affect on your relationship with our son."

"But.."

"It's the truth and there's no denying it."

"but kouen.."

"Don't call my name when you're being stubborn." i opened my mouth but he shut me up with a kiss. When he finally pulled away, he lovingly nipped my shoulder.

"I'll have your adviser notify all the countries about your absence for the next week."

"Why?"

"Because we're going on vacation."

"When was this decided and by who?"

"Just right now and by me."

"Kouen!"

"You did the same thing when we were engaged so i find it fit to pay you back."

"Please don't make me do this."

"I promise that you'll enjoy yourself and to be honest, i'm almost certain that by the time we get back you'll be getting ready to have another child." he gave a proud smirk while my eyes widened in horror.

"Kouen, no!"

"Or we could start tonight and see if we'll get triplets." he suggested. I hopped off of his lap and slammed open the door only to see my five year old son getting ready to knock. His bright red hair was placed into a neat ponytail much like his father's and his lovely gold robes pooled at his feet.

Truth be told he got everything from his father from the ears to the nose and even the jawline but his eyes were a mix between kouen's and my own since it was mainly (e/c) with little rose gold specks that shined like stars here and there.

"Kazu?" it felt like so long since i had last seen him.

"Mommy, when are you going to play with me again, it's been two months since last time." my eyes started to water up. Was i really missing my child's life just to do some work that could very well wait a few hours? I picked up the little red head and kissed his cheek while resting him on my hip.

"Don't worry love, let's go play, then i'll make your favorite food and sing you to sleep tonight. Sound good?" he giggled and so did i before walking down the corridor towards the gardens.

A few hours later I found myself watching in glee as kouen chased his little boy around the garden. 'Who would've known that he could be so playful?'  We had already eaten dinner and the sun had set long ago, seeing this, i called the two inside. My husband picked up his son and i followed him to the child's bedroom.

"You have no idea how much he missed you." cooed the man as he rubbed kazuhiko's back.

"No i don't and i really don't want to either or else i'll be under guilt." once our child was in bed, Kouen closed the door and picked me up as well.

"What are you doing, someone could see us." i cried but he ignored me and continued down the hall.

"You're my wife, you've born my child and you bare my mark." i shivered when i remembered the day they put that blasted tattoo on my hip.

"I still think that we should've exchanged rings like normal people." he ignored me and continued with his sentence.

"Which means, that i can pick you up any time i wish." we reached our room and he set me down on the bed despite my many protests.

"Kouen, i need to go bathe."

"You bathed half an hour ago when we were playing with kazuhiko." i groaned but snuggled into him anyways since i knew that there was no point in arguing. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"Don't you ever do that to me again." he grumbled.

"Do what?"

"Leave me alone for almost a month straight." i kissed the man's cheek and he smiled even more.

"I love you (y/n)

"And i you." and with those few words we fell asleep.