≈Juuzou Suzuya≈ Nightime Love

It was just another city night filled with lights and the bustling of people trying to get to their destination. For some, this would seem like hell but (y/n) found it the complete opposite. Why one might ask? Because the constant noise drowned her thoughts and when her thoughts got too strong, her desperate cries.

In her lovely apartment, every curtain was pulled aside to let in the colorful lights from outside that gently illuminated the small woman who sat in her living room with her arms wrapped around her knees, her head buried in them.

Every few minutes a single whimper would slip through her pale lips but she'd always cut it off before it could escalate. After all, she wouldn't want anyone to find her an attention seeker. To her dismay, Juuzou, who happened to be visiting, caught ear of her strangled cry and hesitantly used the spare key she'd given him to enter the simple apartment.

"(Y/n) are you ok?"

"I'm fine."

"What?"

"I said that I'm fine. I'm just a bit tired so I was trying to get some sleep." Her pained voice echoed throughout the dimly lit living room ultimately killing any joy the black-haired boy had previously held. With caution, he came closer to her sniffling until he was comfortably sitting next to her crunched up form.

"What's wrong (y/n)?"

"Nothing."

"You always say that."

"Because it's true." (Y/n) just barely lifted her gaze to see her psychotic friend rolling his handsome red eyes. She took some comfort in the fact that he was there but refused to look too deep into it.

"Did someone hurt you? Was it a ghoul?" She shook her head no. "Was I gone too long?" Yet another shake of the head. "Is it because your apartment is boring and there's nothing to do?"

At this, the still crying woman gave a stuffy laugh and let herself collapse onto Juuzou's shoulder.

"That's not something to cry over Juuzou."

"Yes, it is! There's never anything to do around here except watch movies."

"Well, it's not why I'm upset."

"If that's not it then why are you upset?" (Y/n)'s somewhat lightened mood dropped instantly and she went to get up only to have Juuzou pull her head onto his lap by her shirt collar. She wanted to scold him though the feeling of his fingers running up and down her back made her nuzzle into him instead.

"I'm lonely Juuzou." The red-eyed man seemed unbothered by the statement so his crying companion continued, her voice just above a whimper. "Everyone always leaves me and I'm starting to wonder if I'll just be lonely forever. I just want to be cared about, you know?"

Juuzou allowed himself to stare at his friend and taking in her broken state as she cried into his lap. Her head was buried deep in his stomach while both of her arms pitifully wrapped around his waist to pull him closer.

Even though it happened often, seeing her like this always left him feeling someway but he could never figure out how to voice it or tell her. Deciding that he was fed up of witnessing her countless tears he told her to look at him. 

She reluctantly did so and for a few seconds (e/c) clashed with red as the two searched one another's soul.  Feeling self-conscious about the staring (y/n) broke the silence.

"Yes, Juuzou?"

"I care about you and I'm still here." The woman by his side sniffled gently. "And I won't ever leave you."

"Yeah well, you're different. I want someone who likes me as more than a friend."

"So you want a boyfriend?" (Y/n) face went red as she nodded. "Can I be your boyfriend then?"

Nearly every bit of sadness in the (h/c)-ette's heart evaporated into flustered happiness. Of all the times she'd dated someone not once had someone said such a thing to her.

It was always her who asked them out and her who promised to stay. She was the one that was always supposed to be there and comfort the other yet with only a single sentence Juuzou turned that all around.  Thinking that it was just a dream, (y/n) lifted her hand to touch her friend's cheek, smiling when he leaned into it.
"So, can i?"

"Yes." Excitement filled the boy's body as his smile grew wide.

"So I can stay the night?"

"Sure."

"Good because I'm so sleepy."