♠Kusuriuri/ Medicine Seller♠ Her pt 3

Sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk to the festival was silent and even when they arrived, (y/n) never spoke. Kusuriuri had never cared much for these gathering's however, every time he and (y/n) would come upon one, she'd light up with glee.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She gave a solemn smile looking around at all the beautiful women in their expensive Kimonos. Her partner followed her gaze, smiling to himself when he noticed them.

"Would you like one?" He asked despite the fact that she didn't really have a choice in the matter. 'I will see you smile.'

When she began to protest the eccentric man dragged her to a Kimono Kimono shop and picked one out since he knew that (y/n) wouldn't do it herself.

"What do you think?" He asked, unfolding the dress. It was a beautiful shade of pink with dark red and white flowers trailing at the bottom of both the dress and its extremely long sleeves. She also noticed the shine of the silky fabric.

She wanted to agree to it but she shook her head instead.

"That's a dress fit for a wealthy woman. I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression."

"Do you want it?"

"Yes but-" He gave it to the dressmaker who ushered (y/n) into a dressing room and went to pay at the desk.

A few minutes after he was done, she came out wearing the dress and even a few hints of makeup. (Y/n) glanced at Kusuriuri just barely catching his wide-eyed expression. When she blinked all traces of emotion had faded from his face.

"Maybe we should sell you over to a geisha house." He deadpanned.

"Kusuriuri!" There was no reply as the eccentric man was already walking into the crowd. (Y/n) picked up the hem of her, running out the store to catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Throughout the rest of the night, the two continued with their banter until the festival ended and they were forced to get a hotel.

"Don't you usually like to walk through the night?" Yawned the woman, her hand loosely interlocking with his.  Kusuriuri didn't reply and booked a random room.  It was only halfway up the stairs before (y/n) noticed something peculiar. "Where's my key?"

"In my hand."

"Then where's your key?" The blond man rolled his eyes and decided to be direct rather than speaking in his usual riddles.

"We're sleeping together tonight."

"But-" She was interrupted by the hotel room door opening. He sauntered inside and placed his box on the ground near their large sleeping mat. She put her own bag down next to it.

Just as she straightened up a towel was thrown at her.

"Let's bathe."

"Eh?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Contrary to what (y/n) had imagined, the men and women's baths were only next to each other and had a very defined border. She happily sunk into the warm water. Almost instantly the pains in her feet seed to disappear, leaving her in heavenly bliss.

While she washed, she thought about how the night had gone. So many people noticed her and Kusuriuri had even acknowledged her and held her hand through the fireworks. Just that memory triggered her mind to fill with him. His usual deadpan, the narrowness of his eyes, the way his face seemed to brighten with his rare smile.

"I need to write this in my journal." (Y/n) muttered, leaving the massive wooden bath to go back to her room.