♠Akutabe ♠ Lover's Quarrell

Akutabe stared at (y/n) as she cleaned off his desk. Every once in a while, she'd glance up at him, but the most their eyes met was a second. This little game continued for a bit until he threw the book he was reading, exactly where she was about to wipe.

"Um, Mr. Akutabe? Did I do something to upset you?" She straightened herself, haphazardly throwing her dusting rag over her shoulder.

"Don't call me that when we're alone."

"Whatever you say." The young woman just barely narrowed her eyes at him before walking over to a particularly dusty bookcase.  An irk mark could be seen on his forehead and Akutabe stood from his desk chair to walk over to her.

Even though his aura was terrifying, (y/n) couldn't care less and faced him with a bitter scowl. Their glares clashed violently, filling the room with even more malicious intent than before. "Yes, Mr. Akutabe?" Another irk mark formed next to the first.

"What is wrong?"

"Why would anything be wrong."

"Don't" The woman was very much aware of her position but that alone wouldn't make her back down. Her noir haired lover reached forward to tangle his hand in her hair, slightly yanking it so that she pitifully looked at him.

"You're acting weird." He seethed.

"No, I'm just jealous."

"Why?"

"Because you don't even glance at me when we're working. It's always about Sakuma." Akutabe's aura spiked with rage. He was beginning to wonder why he ever got a woman. He'd been perfectly fine before. Reluctantly, he let her go and sat on one of the black couches.

"Just go home. I'll see you there."

"So now you're mad?!  What if some guy started to work here and I gave all my attention and worry to him, but none to you?"

"You're not allowed to do that." Akutabe growled as he skimmed his deadly gaze over the body of his girlfriend.

"But that's exactly what you're doing! So much so that not even the demons know we're dating, and Azazel specializes in that stuff!"

Akutabe sighed, motioning for (y/n) to come closer. Feeling that she'd pushed him enough, she did so obediently. His hand gripped her arm roughly, and the world seemed to spin until she was somehow laying next to him with her head on his shoulder. His arm securely wrapped around her waist, pulling her even closer.

"I'll tell them tomorrow."

"What?"

"Tomorrow when we open, I'll tell Sakuma and the others that we're together. And you can sit next to me whenever you want." Satisfied, (y/n) grinned. She gently nuzzled into the crook of his neck, earning a pleased hum from him.

"Thank you." Her loving voice was muffled by his skin, but the sensation brought a small smile to his lips. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have her next to him after all. He definitely wouldn't be as moody.

Akutabe reached for a nearby book and opened it to the page where they last left off. Already sensing that he was going to read, (y/n) grabbed the small blue sheet at the end of the couch. She snuggled under its warmth, moving closer to her lover in the process. 

"I'm sorry for yelling." muttered the exorcist, his handsome brown eyes briefly meeting her pretty (e/c) ones.

"You're forgiven. Now read, slave!" He harshly flicked her shoulder and she winced, apologizing with a meek kiss to the cheek that cued him to start reading.