(Makoto Tachibana) swimming pools

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god, I need a rin in my life." I said aloud as I browsed through the Facebook page of the red headed swimmer's girlfriend, while I sat on one of the many benches that surrounded the iwatabi swim club pool which reflected the moon off of it's clear blue surface. Since i was a close friend of nagisa's, i could come here anytime but when ever i did, i never actually swam, mainly because I didn't know how. All i did, was sit on a bench and listen to the sound of water as I played on my phone. This leads to the reason for my previous comment. It turns out that rin was teaching his girlfriend to swim and the picture that she posted, was of her doing the backstroke.

After I'd posted a comment on her post, I decided it was time for me to go. I reluctantly got off of the wooden butt support and turned around to leave but instead of seeing the usual sight of the clubhouse building, I saw makoto getting ready to dive in. I quickly jumped behind the bench and silently admired the boys well built figure and seemingly soft brown hair. Although he was melancholy, he was oddly attractive. The way he swum was a perfect mirror of how he lived his life. He was layed back and relaxed and little ole me was head over heels him because of that. Once he dived in, I could feel my heart dive with him and I didn't dare breath until he came back up for air.

When I decided i'd had my fill of sight seeing i crouched down as if I were a cat stalking it's prey before crawling towards the gate. Though,  there wasn't really a point on doing all of that, because the handsome backstroke swimmer caught sight of me as soon as I emerged from my hiding spot.

"(Y/n)....what are you doing?" My whole body froze and I began to frantically search the ground as if I were looking for my contact lens. When I 'Found' it, I flamboyantly stood up causing my (h/l) (h/c) hair to fall in front of my face. 

"Found it!" My whole body could practically feel the judgmental look makoto was giving me but my heart was beating so fast that the only thing I was concerned about, was getting a heart attack. An pregnant silence filled the air until it was broken by the sound of  him getting out of the water. My eyes practically grew ten times their size at the sight of water dripping down his cheek then falling onto his chest only to travel down his waist and drop onto the hard concrete below. 

"Hey makoto, I was just leaving so don't mind me."

"What were you doing, it looked really odd."  He said curiously.

"W-w-well..." ~Should I lie or tell him that I was being a creepy stalker by watching him from behind a bench? Oh my gosh I am so stupid, the answer is so obvious.~  

"I was being a creepy stalker by watching you from behind a bench." After hearing what I had said, my cheeks went red from embarrassment. A low chuckle  rumbled from his chest and I attempted to hide my face with my hair even more than it already was.

"I never knew that someone would go out of their way to stalk me."  He smiled As he pushed the hair out of my face so that he could see me pouting.

"For your information, I was here before you and you just happened to arrive when I was about to leave." His green eyes scanned before he said,

"And you weren't going to at least put your feet in the water?" 

"I don't have to have the intention of swimming to come to a pool."  Makoto smiled down at me and took my hand so that he could lead me to the dressing room where he opened his locker to reveal a bathing suit that was just my size.

"I was going to give it to you for your birthday but I guess now is good." I stared at the suit in wonder. It was a sleek black two piece with a golden chain that hung from the bra and was meant to fall in the middle of my stomach while the underwear had small embroidered arrows that were colored gold. "If you don't like it you don't have to..." I cut the swimmer off by giving him a soft hug. 

"Thank you." I then quickly disappeared into one of the shower stalls and changed into the outfit but it was only when I finished putting  on the suit, did I remember that I couldn't swim. I walked out onto the pool area and nervously called my green eyed friend to come over. 

"It looks really nice on you. Here, turn around and I'll tie your hair up." I did as told and allowed him to put my hair in a ponytail. 

"So, tell me makoto. What are you doing here?" 

"I come here every once in a while so that I can be alone and think."

"So if I asked you to teach me to swim you'd say no right?" I could feel makoto stiffen.

"You mean you don't know how?"

"I never had anyone to teach me."

"Well I guess I could. I really don't have anything better to do for the next month or so, so I guess i could  take the time to teach you." A smile crossed my face at his words and he returned the gesture before helping me into the water and beginning his instructions.

(Timeskip to end of month)

By the end of the month, I was a swimming prodigy. I could do almost every stroke there was and had even beat haruka and makoto in a few races. I quickly grabbed my bathing suit and ran to the clubs pool. Tonight was my last lesson and according to him, makoto had planed something special. Once I arrived, I hurriedly got dressed and went out to the pool area. 

"Wow (y/n), I wasn't actually expecting you to come." Said makoto as he walked up to me. I blushed at the sight of his kind smile.

"W-well I do owe you for everything you've done for me." A sweet silence enveloped us before I took makoto's hand and dragged him into the water with me. When he resurfaced, a large grin crossed his face and he began to laugh making me do the same.

"Makoto, you should'be seen your face!" I howled but my laughter was short when I felt myself being picked up "w-wait don't you dare!" Were the last words that left my mouth before I was thrown to the other side of the pool. I pouted once I came back up but when I didn't see my friend anywhere I got a little worried.

"Makoto? Where are you?!" Just then i felt a kiss on my neck. In an instant, I turned around to face the green eyed man who had a deep blush coating his cheeks. 

"Did you just...kiss me?" I was shocked at the thought of someone as beautiful as him having feelings other than friendship for someone like me but I was quickly proved wrong by the feeling his lips on mine.

"I like you (y/n)." He mumbled into the kiss. Unable to say anything back, I gingerly placed my hand on his shoulders and kissed him as well. I could practically hear his heart pumping out of his chest but that only made me happier. 

"So we're dating?" I asked after we pulled away.

"Yeah we're dating."