≈Takanobu≈ Sick

The blue cotton sheets of (y/n)'s bed wrinkled upwards as she turned over for what seemed like the 50th time. She'd been sick all day and had been confined to the blank blue walls of her room.  Not to mention she'd been alone all day too. No one had dared to text her, causing her boredom to be stronger than ever before.

"Gods, please let someone text me." She prayed and her prayer was answered. The familiar ding of her phone made her jump with excitement as she opened the messenger app.

Are you sick?" The message was from Takanobu.

"No, I just decided to stay home for the day." She replied sarcastically. On the other end, the stoic middle blocker looked to Fukatachi who happened to be right next to him. The wing blocker just nodded before turning to the rest of the group, announcing that Takanobu would have to skip practice today.

"I'm on my way." (Y/n) smiled at the message. At least Takanobu always had her in mind. Deciding she should make her room somewhat presentable, she stumbled out of bed to start cleaning. With every step she took, her legs wobbled like a newborn deer's, but that didn't stop her from slowly picking up all of the napkins she'd thrown onto her hardwood floors and sweeping up the rest of the dust on the floor.

Once finished, she laid back down only to begin coughing. Her raw throat felt rough and gritty with each gust of air, making her rub it in pain. In the middle of her coughing session, a light knock came from the door. She could barely get out the words "come in" before the person barged in.

Takanobu placed the little brown bag he'd brought with him on her nightstand, then pulled out a mini thermometer. (Y/n) weakly opened her mouth, allowing him to take her temperature. It read 99. She winced upon reading the number while Takanobu simply put the small device away and popped the top off of the soup container to start feeding her.

"I can feed myself."

The silverette wrinkled his bald eyebrow area as if thinking. To anyone else, he would have looked intimidating but (y/n) knew he was just contemplating whether to speak or not.

"If you cough, you'll burn yourself. Let me feed you."

"But-"

"No." His rumbling voice was laced with finality leaving (y/n) with no choice but to oblige. While he fed her, they sat in silence staring at each other blankly. Neither of them had anything to say, but the sick child craved more of Takanobu's voice. After all, he rarely used it.

"Didn't you have practice today?" He nodded, pushing the spoon through her lips once more. When the container was empty she spoke again. "Why did you come to me then?" Takanobu shrugged, still kneeling in front of her. A small pout formed on her face. It was almost impossible to get this man to speak but she was determined. With her elbows on her knees and her face plopped on her palms, (y/n) began her extreme thinking session.

While she did this, Takanobu stared up at her. His pale face held no emotion however his icy blue eyes shined and fluttered with admiration. He probably shouldn't have felt this way since they were just friends but he really couldn't help it. She was just so...precious.

The way she bounced with excitement or frowned in childish irritation struck his heart with an indescribable feeling. It was almost like happiness but ten times more potent. He was thinking it might have been love but he wasn't sure. 'Maybe I should ask her. She knows a lot.' That was another thing he admired about the (h/c)-haired girl. As silly as she seemed, she was quite wise.  'But if I'm right...' A small sigh left Takanobu's lips and he moved from in front of her to sit at the side of her legs where he leaned on her thigh.

"Did you want me to come?" (Y/n) who'd been in her own trance, jumped before letting her startled expression morph into a more gentle one.

"I'd been hoping you would." The warm smile that traced her pale lips made Takanobu's stomach ignite with butterflies. 'I like her...a lot.' They stared into each other's eyes, reading one another's soul like a book.

It was an intimate moment but it was interrupted by (y/n)'s cat climbing onto Takanobu's lap to slap his cheek. The little animal's face was completely blank but the way its fluffy brown paw beat against Takanobu's cheek made the moment hilarious.

"Loaf, leave him alone." Laughed (y/n) as she placed the brown furball on her lap.

"Its name is Loaf?"

"Yeah. Because he's brown like bread." Takanobu's expression didn't change but she could feel him silently judging her. "It's my cat, ok? I can name him whatever I want."

"...I'll leave now."

"Wait, what?!"

"It's getting late, I need to get home." He stood up and began to get his stuff, but before he could leave, (y/n) got up and hugged him.

"Thank you for coming over." He silently hugged her back. "When I feel better, I have something to give you." The white-haired guy nodded then left the room for her to continue her loving cuddle session with Loaf.

Three days later, Takanobu was leaving practice with the team when (y/n) called out to him. Everyone stopped to look at her.

"I said I'd give you something when I was better, remember?" She said as she jogged up to him, a little blue gift bagg in hand. When he nodded, the girl gripped his shoulders and leaned on her tippy toes to gently peck his cheek.

Before he could speak she gave him the bag and ran off yelling, "Text me later."  He only nodded blushing as he gently touched the cheek where she'd kissed him.