≈Kusuriuri≈ Her pt3

The scorching sun beat down on (Y/n)'s face as she steadily followed after Kusuriuri who seemed not to be bothered by the harsh conditions.

With every step he took, his Getas clicked against the stone path and his heavy kimono swayed against his black-clad legs. To take her mind off of the heat, the young woman focuses on the way his long blond hair would bounce to the rhythm of his getas.

Just when she began to settle with the beat, Kusuriuri spoke.

"(Y/n)." 

"Yeah?" 

"How long have we been traveling together?"

"A year and 13 days...I think." His cobalt blue eyes flickered with amusement while she nervously played with her red kimono.

"You've been counting."

"No!"

"Not many people remember the number 13 when they're reciting something like that."

"Well, I'm special." A sly smirk crept onto his face.

"Yes, you're quite special. That's why no one's courted you." At this, she punched his shoulder with a loud huff. He winced slightly.

"Says the single man with multiple marriage charms." Kusuriuri went to reply but stopped when he noticed something. His companion barely recognized it until she looked to her side to see that he was no longer there.

When she looked behind her she saw that he was completely stiff. The only thing that moved was his nose which seemed to sniff the air. She caught onto what he was doing and groaned. "Suri, no."

"Let's go." He made a beeline towards a mini cart that was at least a mile off the carved path and a few minutes later, Kusuriuri was placing a few coins in the wrinkly hands of an old Kizami seller. 

"I swear, you are such an addict."

"Actually, tobacco can be helpful in quite a few medicines."

"Doesn't mean that you're gonna use it for medicine though." He hummed in agreement while he handed her the two decent sized bags. She rounded to his back so that she could put them in the wooden box he carried. "You know, if you get to make a detour, then I should make one too." 

"Where?" She paused slightly, not expecting him to have agreed so quickly.

"A festival."

"Do you know where one is?"

"Yeah, there's one starting tonight in a town near here."  Adjusting his box, the mysterious medicine seller waved for her to follow him and she did so happily.

As they walked, (y/n)would constantly look up at the blond-haired man skeptically before looking away, only to return her gaze to him.  At first, he found it amusing but he soon got bored with the little game and decided to address it.

"Yes, (y/n)?"

"Why do you have so many marriage charms?"

"Am I not allowed to?"

"Well no, but it's so weird. Are they for you and your sword?"

"No." He hummed.

"Then is it because you've been married in the past?"

"No."

"Are you just that lonely?" He went silent at this and she mentally cursed herself. She'd gotten too comfortable and pushed into a subject he preferred not to speak of. She went to apologize when he placed a hand on her head and forced her to look at him.

"As far as I'm concerned, I already have a woman and she's stunning, despite her flaws." His lovely blue eyes briefly flickered with life before they donned the usual deadpan. "She just doesn't know she's mine yet."

"Oh...who is she?" (Y/n)'s tone was playful however the way she wrapped her arms around herself told a different story. Kusuriuri didn't bother comforting or answering her and continued on the path.