♠Atsushi Nakajima♠ Carnival

Sometimes I wonder what goes through my head
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was a rainy night in the city of Yokohama and even though it was nearly 12 o'clock in the morning, everyone was still working tirelessly.

A sigh escaped me as I watched the busy crew, my eyes particularly landing on Atsushi. He was such an odd boy to say the least but he was also a complete sweetheart, who strived to protect the ones he loved. He was cute.

A smile fell onto my lips at the thought before I walked over to a certain blond haired man who was currently yelling at Dazai to;

"Shut up and do some work for once!"

"Says the one who hasn't been working for twenty seconds now."

"That's because I was yelling at you!"

"And neglecting your duties. I guess even you slack off sometimes, Kunikida-kun." The brunette gave a shrug causing me to chuckle a bit. I looked up at the clock pinned to the gray wall to see that it was 30 past twelve.

Deciding I needed to sleep, I lightly tapped on one of Kunikida's broad shoulders. He snapped his head around with a glare but his look softened when he saw that is was only me.

"Can we go home now Kunikida-kun?" With a regretful sigh he shook his head negatively. I nodded at his response and gave a reassuring smile prior to asking the others to stay at their place for the night. However, to my dismay, everyone declined claiming that they had too much work. But I knew the truth, and it hurt quite a bit.

"Y'know if I'm annoying you guys, I'd rather you tell me than try than hide it." My voice came out in a whisper but everybody heard me and looked my way.

"No it's not like that." started Tanizaki as he went to hug me but I dodged him and turned to face the door so that he, nor anyone else, could see my pained expression.

"Half of you aren't even doing anything and are just waiting for me to leave so you don't have to take me home with you. The only person in this room that's actually working is Kunikida-kun and that's only because he doesn't want to waste his time waiting when he could be productive. It's fine for you guys to say no to me, OK? I know it's not a requirement to sleep with you guys and I appreciate those who've let me. Next time tell me no." The room was filled with a serious silence and I left the building. Hesitantly making my way to my luxury apartment.

Atsushi p.o.v

I blinked in confusion as everyone began to pack up and leave. Just a second ago, they were working like dogs searching for a bone, but now they were all leaving as if they'd never done a thing. Confused, I went to Dazai for a bit of clarity regarding the situation.

"Why is everyone leaving now?"

"Because everything (y/n) said was true." The brown haired man stretched before jumping off Kunukida's desk and looking at me fully.

"No one was actually working?"

"Nope, it's just that no one wanted to take her home to sleep with them."

"But isn't she rich? Why would she want to go to someone else's home?"

"I don't know but when I brought her home with me, I could hear her crying from the other room." After a bit more questioning, Dazai left as well and I found myself running to (y/n)'s penthouse building.

When I reached the receptionist desk, I told the employee who I was looking for and they directed me to her door. With a small thank you, I went into the elevator and pressed the 11th floor, patiently waiting to arrive. Soon enough, I stood at the (h/c) haired girl's room and gave a hesitant knock.

(Y/n)'s p.o.v)

I was tossing and turning on my fluffy white couch, disturbing thoughts running through my mind, tears running down my cheek. I was a mess. So naturally, when I heard a small knock on my front door, I nearly screamed. Fear shook through my body as I wrapped a robe around me and cracked the door open.

"Hey." I whispered hoarsely and Atsushi nervously smiled at me.

"C-can I come in?" I giggled a bit at his stutter and opened the door for him to enter. He slowly came in and I watched as his pretty purple and yellow eyes widened.

"You live here alone!?" He exclaimed and I only nodded. Once we were settled on the couch, I spoke.

"So, what brings you to such a cursed person's house." A dry laugh escaped me as I thought back to earlier in the office.

"Oh. Well. Dazai told me about you crying last time you were at his place and I was kind of worried."

"Yeah I tend to do that a lot. But it's ok now, so you don't have to-"

"I want to know what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong Atsushi so don't worry about it." I whispered plastering a bright smile onto my face.

"But you're crying."

"No I'm-." The silverette's hand gently touched the side of my face and when he pulled away, I was shocked to see his fingers wet with my tears.

"(Y/n), you're not okay. Actually you're nowhere near okay if you've gotten to the point where you're crying without even noticing it. Please tell me what's wrong so I cam help." That night my tears fell harder than the rain outside and even though my nose was stuffy and my words were slowed Atsushi sat there and listened to every depressing word, as if his life depended on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day, I woke up to see a snoring silverette lying on my stomach as I lay stretched out across my bed. I slid from underneath the boy's head and began to make breakfast.

Once that was finished, I walked back into the room only to be surprised with the sight of my new friend stretching cutely.

"They call you weretiger when you act like a common house cat." Atsushi gave a small laugh and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Sorry."

"Don't be, it's cute. Anyway breakfast is ready and we have to be in early." He nodded and I smiled before going into the bathroom and getting dressed. By the time, we'd finished eating, it was just about time to leave.

I grabbed my purse and Atsushi followed me out of the luxurious building that I called home.