≈Uta≈ Chance

Uta is an....odd character to write in this scenario.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're leaving me again aren't you?"

"I have no reason to stay here much longer." I gazed up at Uta with glassy (e/c) eyes, watching him get dressed.

"Nothing at all? You spend countless nights with me and you still can't find anything worth staying for?" The noir raised his brow in confusion before lightly patting my thigh and walking out like he did every night. After a few moments, I let everything set in as furious tear ran down my face

"I'm sick of being used like this. Won't you ever just stop?" I silently waited for an answer hoping for something, anything, to calm my raging soul but of course, I got nothing. Except for the deafening sound of silence that forced me to think about my pitiful actions.

I was stupid. I knew not to look too deep into anything he did or said but I was ignorant and soon found myself hopelessly infatuated with a man who saw the words 'I love you' as a foreign language.

He was wonderfully broken to the point of no return but silly me still wanted hold and caress him back to health. I craved the chance to give Uta the one thing he needed but he refused to gift me with so much as that.

Because of this, instead of whispering sweet nothings into his ear, I was left emptily waiting for the cloak of night to return. So that I could once again spend those few lustful moments with the always distant mask maker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt like years until night finally came back but and as soon as it did,  the noir walked into my bedroom, not bothering to knock.

At the sight of my cat pajamas, his usually emotionless eyes narrowed into an annoyed glare making me flinch.

"If you're not feeling well, tell me and I'll leave."

"You promised that once a week you'd give me a break." I mumbled, a bit hurt that he'd leave so eagerly.

"Did you have to choose tonight?"

"It's that time of month, I don't think you'd want to anyways." Reluctantly my 'lover' sat across from me, and I could see his multicolored orbs reading my intentions.

"You want to tell me something right? Probably about last night's outburst?"

"Since when do you stay after?"

"I took something from your fridge."

"Please don't touch my food."

"I won't make any promises. Now, what is it that you want to say?"

"What....what does love mean to you?" My nervous orbs skimmed over the handsome man's features, for a reaction but the most I got was a blank blink.

"It doesn't exist. In the end, it's just two people using each other for comfort."

"Would you be willing to try it? Even if it is just a lie?"

"I don't see you in that sense (y/n)."

"Then what do you see me as? Do I even rank as a friend to you?" Tears glazed over my (e/c)-hued gems but I refused to show any more weakness and continued to stay strong in the odd man's presence.

"You're the acquaintance I go to for sexual relief."

"So you feel nothing after two years of this going on between us?" He shook his head.

"So I can kick you out and tell you  never to come back and you'd be fine with that."

"(Y/n)-"

"I love you Uta and I enjoy being able to satisfy you, but I'm not going to continue on with this if it eventually leads to nothing."

"Isn't that a bit petty to just kick me out? No one ever gets everything they want."

"Exactly and since I can't get you, I want you out. I long for a husband and a child someday but as long as you're around, that's never going to happen and instead, I'll die alone. It'd be best if I shut you out and moved on rather than continue chasing the unattainable." A low grunt echoed from his chest as he leaned forward.

"I'm not leaving. According to society, we belong to each other."

"Us ghouls are social rejects. Society's rules don't apply to us." He didn't respond and gently pushed me onto the bed.

"You're mine, (y/n)."

"I don't want to be."

"And there's my proof. Here I am claiming you and you're rejecting me." He sighed, getting off of me

"What-" the door closed before I could finish.

~~~~~~~

A year passed after that odd encounter and I refused to even think of meeting up with the emotionless noir. On the nights that I lusted for him, I'd search for a drunkard who'd I'd inevitably kill. And after totaling the one he made me, I started buying my masks from the convenience store.

During one specific hunting night, I'd accidentally stolen his meal and now I was running for my life with a leftover arm and leg in my hand. As I  sprinted through the alleyway, I didn't bother looking up, too scared that he'd figure out that I was me.

My thoughts quickly took me away from the situation at hand and suddenly the noir was standing in front of me with a dangerous glint in his ghoulish eyes.

"I might spare you the pain if you'd hand that over." A scoff struggled to rise into my chest but I managed to push it back down. Even if I had to choke on my words, I'd do so to keep my identity hidden from the demon that they called Uta.

I swear I hated him after every gosh darn thing he put me through during our previous relationship. The fact that he wouldn't even acknowledge my attempts brought me into a furious train of thought.

Sooner rather than later, reality came rushing back to me when the man lunged at my scavenged goods. I dodged the attack using the wall to propel me to the side and while he recovered tried to scamper off. Sadly he caught my leg and slammed me into the ground on the other side of him. I gasped arching my back in agony.

"You're very unlucky. I'm not in the best of moods tonight." He wrenched the arm and leg from my grip before throwing them elsewhere and breaking my own arm. I grit my teeth but didn't bother screaming and kicked at his stomach.

Uta chuckled while he unzipped my jacket to continue with his antics but he was stunned when I finally screamed at him to stop.

The noir's curious eyes widened and he slowly let me go. Even though I was pained, I managed to stand and allowed my spike like kagune to protrude from my arms successfully cutting through the leather garment so that it could fall to the ground. My mask also crumbled along with it from the impact of me being thrown to the concrete. Uta picked up one of the brittle pieces with a slightly disgusted look on his face.

"I didn't make this."

"I got it from a nearby convenience store."

"What happened to the original?"

"I burned it." I lied. He didn't even bother answering and dragged me to his shop. Upon arrival, I was thrown in a chair and the tall ghoul grabbed a gauze roll from a nearby drawer. He reached for my wounded arm but I slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me."

"That was a year ago and you're still mad about it?"

"Of course I'm still mad! You didn't even give me a chance when I gave you everything."

"If you miss me that much I can come back."

"I don't miss you, Uta. Just die or-"He placed a gentle kiss on my cheek before pulling away and allowing a rare smile to cross his lips.

"There's your chance, (y/n). Either you take it or let it fly out the window." My mouth slightly went ajar at the noir's words but he simply closed it and started to wrap my arm. "I guess you'll take it."