≈Gon Freecss, Killua Zoldyck≈ The Breakup

I slammed the door to my room in frustration and collapsed onto my couch with a pitiful whimper. I just didn't see what I'd done to make Gon just leave me like that. We'd known each other for years and had been dating for two of them. Did that not matter?

At this thought, I gave up on holding back my emotions and let them run like a river. I was angry, sad, and somewhere in between the two, all at once and damn did I hate it. 

My eyes became squinty and puffy as tears left them and curses left my mouth. 

"What did I do that brought those words out of his mouth. How could he smile like nothing had happened when we'd fought through so much to stay together."

I groaned miserably and threw a couch pillow at the door without looking, only to hear someone hit the ground and grunt. Startled by the sudden presence, I jumped up and stiffly looked to the door, my whole body tense with adrenaline.

"W-who's there?" I silently cursed myself for stuttering but as soon as I saw the person who'd entered my apartment, I ran into their arms and began to cry again from both relief and sadness.

"I heard about our breakup with Gon, " said Killua gently stroking my hair.

"It hurts so much. Like, I don't know if it's my fault or not and the way he said it was just so happy that I can't even tell whether he cared or not." My voice was broken but I continued to ramble about my feeling,  completely oblivious to the fact that killua had picked me up and carried me to my room. So that he could lay me on the bed and cuddle me close to his surprisingly warm body.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I wish I could fix this." His words rang through my ears and I looked up at the fluffy haired boy with teary eyes.

"You smell like Gon and candy." I whimpered softly and a sigh left Killua's lips as he pulled me even closer in hopes of hugging the sadness out of me. However, I still continued to cry and we had to stay like that for a bit longer before the ex-assassin tilted up my head to look at him.

"How about we go out for ice cream and a movie?  Would that make you feel better?" What seemed like ages passed by until I finally said yes. His bright blue orbs sparkled with glee and I felt a tear being wiped away by his soft thumb.

"OK then go get dressed and I'll take you." I let a soft smile grace my face and slowly left the bed to get ready.  But little did I know, Gon was crouched outside my door with his back pressed against it, his eyes red and puffy.

"I didn't mean it (y/n) but Killua really likes you too and I wanted to see him  happy." The green haired boy's voice was barely audible as he spoke and after a few more sorrowful tears he stood up and left the building.