(Hideyoshi Nagachika) if I.....

I made myself cry with this.😭😭😭😭

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I told you 'I love you' would you abandon me. 

If I kissed you would you still care 

If I treated you like my queen would you use me.

If I smiled at you as more than a friend would you frown at me like I was the enemy

If I loved you, would you hate me

I frowned at the words on my paper and let a tear fall down my face. ~why do I even do this when I know she won't ever feel the same~ just as I began to mope over how pathetic I was being, my office door opened and I quickly threw away my paper.

"Hide-kun are you okay?" I quickly turned to face the beautiful (h/c)-ette that I had so hopelessly fallen in love with. Everything about her was just so attractive, from her flawless (s/c) skin to her sparkling (e/c) eyes. ~no~

"Yeah just a little sick." A sad look crossed the woman's face and she took a seat next to me. 

"Stop lying to me. You know that I hate it when you do. Now who is it?"

"How did you..."

"Because when I came in, you were blushing."I hung my head and gave a small smile. 

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Now tell me who the lucky girl is." 

"I-it's jinju." I could see (y/n)'s eyes dull but I wasn't sure if it was in sadness or confusion because the only word that left her mouth was,

"Who?"

"She's the girl who lives next to me, remember?" The room became silent before I saw a tear fall down my friend's cheek.

"Oh....her." She whispered before going to get up.

"(Y/n)?"

"I've got to go." I quickly jumped out of my seat and tried to stop her but she shook me off and left the room. 

"......why the hell am I so stupid?" I growled before I got up and went to do my delivery rounds.

About two days after the incident, I was notified that I'd be going to fight the ghouls at anteiku. I was terrified though I wasn't scared of the ghouls but of not being able to get that special kiss from the woman I loved. I sighed at the thought and got up. 

"I will get her to be mine." With that thought in mind, I ran straight to my ex-friend's office where I saw her crying. As soon as cleared my throat, she fixed herself and looked at me with puffy eyes.

"Hey hide-kun."

"I love you." I barely processed what left my mouth but when I did, a massive blush crossed my face "I mean I-you-we....this is a mess." A giggle rang throughout the room and I looked at (y/n) with a frown.

"You are such an adorable dork." She said before walking up to me and planting a small kiss on my cheek. "But that's what I like about you most." I smiled and brang her body closer to mine. 

"I love you so much." I said softly but as I said this, I began to feel guilty. ~i could die in a few days but I still keep her for myself instead of having her find someone who surely has a longer life ahead of them.~ the thought weighed heavy on my heart and I almost wanted to cry but I only smiled and kissed my girlfriend's head. ~but I guess that doesn't matter, as long as we're both happy.~  

Five days later, I stood on the battle ground, ready to face my fears. All that went through my mind was (y/n) and everything we did together which caused a smirk to form on my lips despite me facing death itself. I began to get into position for our portion of the fight but just when we reached we were ambushed and I was stabbed in my side. I couldn't help but stare at the dead bodies. My comrades and my friends were dead and I was about to join them. ~(y/n)'s going to kill me when she hears about this~ a painful laugh left my lips and I took refuge in the small coffee shop that caused all of this. 

Soon after I arrived the door opened and I turned to see my old friend.

"Kaneki." He looked at me in shock and I took in his appearance. His mask had an eye patch that covered his left eye and his hair was stark white. When the silence began to get heavy, i decided to start a little bit of small talk as I walked towards him but soon I couldn't handle the pain and collapsed into the arms of my 'brother'. ~please take care of (y/n)~ I thought but I decided not to say that.

"Kaneki....let's go home." And with that, i closed my eyes for the final time all while letting my mind roam back to the woman I loved.

(Y/n) p.o.v)

They called me into the fight to help take care of the injured and I was currently tending to a critically injured man when i saw the infamous eyepatch holding a limp body in his arms. Out of curiosity, I stood up and got a little closer to see who the ghoul was holding but when I did, I instantly regretted.

"No." I whispered as tears ran down my face. "No!" I quickly ran up to them and touched my lover's cheek.

"Come on hide, this isn't funny."

"Are you (y/n)?" Asked the man holding my deceased boyfriend.

"Does it even matter who I am anymore?! He's gone!"

"He wants me to keep you safe, so come with me." I desperately searched the silverette's eyes for any type of malice but all I saw was sadness.

"Fine." My eyes darted down to hide and I kissed his cold cheek.

"I can't believe you. Even after you leave me you still find ways to protect me." I whispered. And with those words both the ghoul and I walked away from our lives as we knew them.

 I left you do you think I abandoned you.

 I can't kiss you anymore do you still care

I can't treat you like a queen anymore will you use me now

I can't smile at you anymore do you frown at me

I can't love you anymore do you hate me