≈Masrur≈ The Two Wives and A Broken Heart #4

(Y/n) p.o.v)

I groaned as I looked up at the ceiling of my dungeon cell.

"How did I go from a fanalis women with respect and honor, to a neglected wife who has to cheat on her husband just to get a sliver of the attention she requires." I gave a sarcastic laugh as I took in my situation.

"I might as well have been a prostitute."

The tears that I'd been holding in ran down my cheeks, making me place my arm over my face to hide them. The dark room was void of sound while I lay on the cold hard floor softly sniffling to myself.

Suddenly my cell door creaked open and I forced myself to shut up.

"Who goes there?" My voice slightly cracked as I took my arm from my now wet face.

"(Y/n), it's only me."

"Only you? Is that supposed to give me comfort Masrur?" The red eyed man took a small step closer to my laid down form.

"It could have very well been one of the guards ready to punish you."

"There is no worse punishment than having to be in your presence."

"(Y/n), you're being difficult."

"Well then I guess you've rubbed off on me, considering how you've been difficult for the past three years." My heart pounded in my chest when I felt Masrur's arm sliding underneath me. Hell, I didn't even hear him approach.

"Please don't touch me. I no longer desire you." A tear touched my shoulder as he gave a long yet shaky sigh.

(Masrur p.o.v)

What was I supposed to say? At this point I could barely process the thoughts running through my head. 'Should I act authoritative and claim her? Or should I beg? Maybe I should just give up.'

"You know one day we're going to look back at this and laugh?" The (h/c) haired woman in my arms looked up as if I'd lost my mind and honestly she wasn't too far from the truth.

"Masrur, for as long as I've known you, not once have you laughed around me."

"But when I was with her there was not a moment where I didn't smile." I watched as (y/n)'s nose wrinkled with distaste.

"That wasn't right of me and I know that. The fact I'd ignored your beautiful presence for so long was nothing less of a sin and its one I'll have to live with for the rest of my life."

"I hope you die regretting it." She grumbled as she slightly moved herself closer to my body.

"And I will but you need to come back to me. I need you to give me a chance to redeem myself and show you that I've always loved you but have just been so afraid to show it."

"What makes me so much scarier than her?"

"You're too strong and passionate. I've always feared that you'd leave me if I did the slightest thing wrong."

"So you ignored me instead? I don't believe you." Her voice wavered slightly and she went to pull away but I quickly stopped her by positioning her legs so that she was straddling my hips.

"What reason do I have to lie if I've already pushed you away too far."

"You're a bastard." I smiled at her insult and sensually traced the emblem on her hip from the man that had managed to capture and enslave her when we were younger. I honestly wonder how she wasn't terrified to accept my mark.

"Everything about you belongs to me. I'll be damned if I were to lose such a precious gem."

"Flattery and dominance won't get you anywhere. "

"I love you (y/n). With every fiber of my being. Just come back to me so I can prove it."

"Why? Why should I come back to you after all you've done to hurt me?"

"Because I've been suffering without you. Every night that I manage to close my eyes, all I see is a replay of your rage and depression. I have realized that every negative feeling you bear is only fruit of my own wrong doings and that leaves me restless."

"So you want me back to put your own soul at rest? Please get out and don't you dare touch me again."

"(Y/n), you know that's not what I meant."

"Just like how you didn't mean to hurt me all these years? I understand what you're saying and I'm glad that you're aware but the fact that you haven't even noticed the things you've done to me until recently and don't even know how to fix them, makes me worry that you'll make mistakes worse than this, completely oblivious to what you're doing. I've already been broken Masrur, I'll be damned if I let myself shatter."

(Y/n) p.o.v)

With those words, I reluctantly released myself from his comforting arms and crawled towards a dark corner before curling up against the cold concrete floor and forcing myself to sleep, expecting him to leave. However, that never happened.
Instead he picked up my fragile body and brought me to a place unknown.