(Chpt.5-08) Valentine's💝💝

Chapter Five
-The Relationship-
~~~~~~~
"Did he get you something for Valentine's day, to make up for your past encounters?"

"Yeah but...I swear I was about to break up with that nigga if he hadn't done it. Not because if he didn't get me something though, it was because he still wasn't talking to me after the fight in the diner. Yes...., he held a grudge for that long and on purpose too. Just so he could f*ck with my head and make it up to me on V-Day. It was so romantic though,....I just hated that he got me with his cocky bullshit beforehand"
~
:: February 14 ::
(Dyme's POV)

"Nigga! You better talk to me!"

"See? And you wonder why I'm not talking to you. You act so controlling nowadays and you're always yelling" he said.

"I am not controlling! I'm just showing you who's boss" I teased.

"Fuck you then" he hung up, boiling me up inside.

"Did he just–oh this bitch is this motherfuckin' close to me sticking my boots up his tiny little ass-hole"

Suddenly I looked over my side to see Kel just laughing it up as I talked to myself on the bed. "Man problems?"

"You have no idea. I told you he's still mad at me, I'm starting to give up. He's just being petty at this point"

"Be petty back"

"Yas bitch. Let me be petty for a change, he gon' be real sorry if I break up with his ass on V-day and jump his so called best buddy with the squad. Maybe we should jump Jay too..."

"What the hell, Dyme? Why would you want to jump your own boyfriend?" she laughed.

"Because he's annoying me, knowin' I need to talk to his ugly-ass daily"

"Look boo, being in relationship is all about communication and compromise. Did you get him anything for today?"

"Of course I did. I got him a teddy bear with a card of appreciation I wrote for him. I got him a couple gold necklaces and some new Jordans"

"Damn, girlfriend. You got him some sneakers too? Which ones and how much they cost you?"

"The black and white 14s and.......269 I think. It was half of my check but Jay's worth it. I love him.."

"Okay, so this is the plan. Today at school, you give him the teddy bear with the card and chain, then tell him you're sorry. You gotta make it up to him, Dyme"

*
The sad part is, he didn't even show up that day in school. And it really broke my heart (not really) because I really wanted to stop arguing and fighting. It was Valentine's day for Christ sake.
~

"Hey..." I tapped on his shoulder, seeing him turn to me.

"What?" he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Can we talk....?" I looked at him sadly, reaching my breaking point.

"I thought you said not to talk to you anymore?" Trevor folded his arms.

"I did okay but now it's time to talk again. Just drop the bullshit and let's talk like adults"

He sighed and looked away. "Fine. What is it now?" he sat back in his chair.

"Look, I'm sorry for blowing you off that night okay. I never really apologize for that but I am now. I know what it's like to get your hopes up just for it to not go as planned. So I'm sorry. I left because...I needed to find myself again and not to look for it by laying in someone else's bed. But it ended up hurting you too–"