(Chpt.10-08) Forgiveness🙌🏼

Chapter Ten
-Déjà Vu-
~~~~
:: The Next day, November 3rd ::
(Dyme's Pov)

Rolling up to the location and actually spotting him outside, I honked my horn to get his attention. He turned around in seconds, catching me off guard by his....attractive positioning.

He came up to the car shortly after and got into the passenger side

He came up to the car shortly after and got into the passenger side. "Hey...good morning"

"Morning" I gave him a friendly smile.

I watched him blush as he tried to get his seatbelt on. But really, I was in such a good mood. Its my 23rd birthday which I was blessed to even see, I'm about to go see my son who I miss so much. I got my hair done and I just feel so damn good.

"Hmm, you look beautiful today. What's with the get up today or is that just you everyday?"

"Thanks and no, it's actually my birthday. So yeah I'm kind of feelin' myself today" I chuckled, putting on some soft background music before pulling off.

"Oh, happy birthday girl. How old are you?"

"23..." I glanced at him just for a second before focusing back on the road.

"Oh okay. Cool..."

"Yeah..."

It grew silent in the small car, leaving the sound of us rolling take over in the atmosphere. It was nice that we could be friends after all the negative shit that went down years ago. I still held a little grudge, if I'm being honest but not enough to be unreasonable with him. Sure, he f'ed up a lot of things for me but Malik also blessed me in a way. He gave me James and that made the pain worth it.

And why be angry anymore when he's the one who has to live with that guilt,

And why be angry anymore when he's the one who has to live with that guilt,...he's the one that gotta make that time up with his son. And today, he's finally going to start.

*
:: 4 hours later ::

"Diya!" he yelled, running up to me as I showed my face to the small crowd.