(Chpt.6-01) Our Tripping Over😞

Beginning of Chapter Six
-The Breakup-
~~~~~~
"So how did all of your arguments begin? It had to be a change somewhere..."

"I really don't know. I guess every relationship goes through their hardships, and if you make it out...you're destined to be together. If not, then maybe it's not a good time or you're not as compatible as you thought. But...I guess you can say it started when I took extra hours at work, only because I had to pay off something. Including my mom too"
~
:: March::
(Dyme's Pov)

"So let me guess...you're working tonight....again?"

"I told you I was this whole entire week. Did it just fly in one ear and out the other? Or am I talking to a god damn wall as my boyfriend?"

"Here we fucking go...." he sighed.

"No it's not "Here we fucking go", it's why you don't listen to me anymore? Oh unless it's about fucking of course"

"I do listen to you, so stop saying dumbshit out ya mouth. It be you starting with me! I just asked a simple fucking question" he snapped.

"And now you're yelling at me. Look I'll just call you later or something..."

"Whatever..."

I hung up after his response and slid my phone into my apron, now planning on getting back to my shift. I stepped out from the back and went up to the counter, meeting a customer who was looking to get seated.

"Hi, welcome to Fred's. Just one?" I smiled, holding up one finger.

"Yeah and you mind if I sit at the bar?"

"Sure, right this way..." I walked off.

He followed me to an empty stool at the bar, where I placed a mat and a menu down for him to get started. He picked up the menu and looked up at me before reading the rest.

"You need a minute to look over?"

"Uh-no. I was just making sure if I really wanted a burger tonight. And I do so I guess I'll order the Bacon Burger with fries and coke as my drink"

"Sure. Coming right up" I said, attempting to walk away.

"Wait--I um--...can I talk to you for a second?"

I came back over. "Is something wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"No, I just didn't catch your name"

"Oh I'm so sorry. My name is Dyme and I'll be your waitress this evening. My apologies"

"Mm, so you're worth only ten cent huh?" he chuckled.

"Ha. Not in the slightest, I'm worth way more than that sir" I chuckled myself.

"Yeah I'm sure. You seem like you keep ya ish in check and......you gotta pretty face to match with it" he looked me up and down.

"Oh...thank you" I blushed.

"You should come talk to me a little more, it looks like you stressing over something"

My eyes widen. ...how did he know that?

"How can you tell?" I asked, coming up to him.

"I can see it all in ya face, you really shouldn't be stressing over anything, especially not a pretty girl like you"

"You're very flattering aren't ya?" I rested my elbow on the surface so it could hold up my chin.