(Chpt.4-03) Prom💃🕺🏼

Chapter Four
-My First Love-
~~~~~~~~~
"So you two officially met at prom?"

Mhm, Junior prom too. We had an amazing encounter I think, it's crazy to think we started there and now...look where we are.
~
:: Early June ::

"Why aren't you going!" I yelled.

"Because who really goes on their junior prom these days? I'll just wait until senior year, maybe..." she chuckled to herself.

"Wow, thanks a lot Kehlani. You could've told me before I brought a dress, got my nails done and scheduled a hair appointment" I folded my arms.

"Sweetie, you'll be just fine without me. Just because I don't wanna go, doesn't mean you don't have to"

"But I wanted you to be my date..." I stuck out my lip, whining.

"Awe. I'm sorry.."

"I really didn't wanna go by myself.."

"Dyme please. With all the other friends, you're not bound to be alone in there" she said, making a point.

"I still wanted my best friend there, though. What if I trip?"

"I'll catch you... from my bed" she teased.

"I hate you." I said, sitting down on the couch beside her.

"Did you get the dress?" she asked, grabbing her backwood from the coffee table.

"Yeah, it's ready to go in my room. I just hope I'll be able to dance in it"

"You don't need to be dancing in it, a little more than your leg might pop out, sis"

"Yeah whatever. You tryna call me fat?Well I know I've been gaining a little weight but damn, I thought that was a good thing"

"Bish, you still skin and bones" she laughed.

"Oh really?" I attacked her playfully, hitting her before she started to duck her head.

"–Ow! Why you so damn abusive?" she flinched.

"Because I'm mad you're not going with me! I can't believe you"

"D, you'll be fine. Just go with ya friends and have a good time. Oh and maybe try making a move on that new boy before school ends"

"Please don't remind me, I know I'm running out of time. I'm a think of something though.......hopefully anyways"

*
:: The Next Day, 5:45 pm ::

After leaving my parent's house and showing them the dress, me and Kehlani drove to the River View Ballroom itself. When we arrived, I was greeted by all of my girlfriends and some of my other classmates too. I took a couple pictures outside and joined them as we watched even more people arrive.

"So I don't get a picture, pretty girl?" Olivia came up to me.

"Of course, boo" I said, moving in closer to get a quick picture with her.