Onto Something

"Right, so how do we effectively find out which way the air's coming in, so we can attempt to build a tunnel in that general direction, and not accidentally cave in the crack and cut off our air supply?" Nyx snarked, running her fingers over the low roof of the ceiling, in a half hearted attempt to feel where air was coming in.

Alysha gave her a glare. "The sarcasm and bitchiness isn't helping."

"Yes, well, being that you are some all powerful, mystical entity of an undisclosed nature, shouldn't you be able to... Magic us out of here or something?"

"That kind of stuff's not so much my forte, sweetheart."

From her corner of general world-loathing, Luci snorted. "So what exactly is your forte, 'sweetheart'?"

"Well, for a start, I can remove your vocal chords through the base of your skull."

Luci quieted, though not before muttering about how 'anyone with a blade could do that'.

Seconds later, Alysha had given up checking the ceiling and had disappeared back down her surprisingly deep, although not all that wide, hole.

Nyx looked over. "No, wait, you can't just... That's not helpful... We discussed... Alyshaaaa!" She groaned irritably.

"We need to go up, and instead you're kind of going left." Luci added. "Or right, from your perspective. Either way, its not up, so it's not helpful."

Alysha grunted and dragged another rock out of the hole. "Just... Trust me... Okay?"

"Not on your life, mate." Nyx muttered, just loud enough.

Alysha flicked a small chunk of grit at her. Nyx flicked it back.

"Look, I think I'm onto something, okay?" Alysha hissed, scrambling back into the hole. Then...

"Aha! Yes! Feel that, and tell me I'm wrong!"

Nyx rolled her eyes, and walked over to where Alysha was scrambling out of the hole.

At Alysha's gesture, she peered in, and gasped.

Very faintly, she could feel a small rush of air.

"Okay, that's... Odd."

Thoughts?