Reunion

Billy lead them down the passage into the labyrinth of the underground laboratory.

The pathway to the main room was pretty direct, mostly​ just straight ahead, the reverse of the way Nick had come that previous night.

Billy strode in as if he owned the place, pushing aside a plastic curtain that had been hung in the doorway.

"Hello, Evelyn!"

Evelyn, who'd had her back to him, jumped​ out of her skin, whipping around. "Holy crap! Billy! What the bloody mother of... What are you doing here?"

"You said bad words!" Billy pointed accusingly, grinning. "Wesley, Rigsy, Evelyn said bad words!"

"Yes, because that's the important thing here." Muttered Evelyn.
"But what the hell are you doing here? It's dangerous! I... I told your mother to get you out this place. I told her to send you with the others. I made a bleeding plan to smuggle you all out under Lilith's nose! What the hell are you doing here?
God, your mother's going to get it when I next see her. Irresponsible, that's what this is. And oh look! You've dragged Wesley and Rigsy into this mess as well, as usual! And Candace!
And... Emilia, thank God you found them! And Nick! Oh thank God!"

Travis rushed in from a small side room.
" What the hell is going on... Nick! Holy mother of crap!"

"Bad word!"

"Mate, that's getting old real fast." Nick said to an accusatory Billy, before fixing his full attention on Travis.
"Dude! I'm alive! Well... Technically not, but hey! I ain't demon chow!"

"Dude!" Travis yelled, pulling Nick in for a man-hug.

"Uh, guys? Clocks ticking!" Selene called from the side room. "She's not gonna be under forever! Hey, Nick! You're okay! Guys! It's Nick!"

After a brief reunion, Nick was being caught up with everything that had happened to Rachel, who was currently strapped to a gurney in the side room, unconscious. Her short red hair was spread against the white mattress like a firey halo.
She looked so peaceful, eyes closed, slow breathing.

Nick took her hand. It quivered slightly at his touch, and he realised she was shaking.
"Hey, Rach, I'm here."