Explanation and options

The standoff between Evelyn and the boys created a harsh, prickly atmosphere within the room.

"You can't do that. It won't work."

"It might. Nickolas, I'm not going to lie, there's a high percentage chance that it could kill her. But if we don't try it, there's a hundred​ percent chance it will kill her.
No, scratch that. It's a living death. Trapped inside a corpse whilst something else uses your body as a puppet."

Travis ran his fingers anxiously through his fringe. "Can't you like... Extract the antibodies or genetic piece or whatever that defeats the virus? Wouldn't that have a better effect? And less risk?"

"Yeah, sure, assuming you want me to give your mum neat angel blood?" Evelyn said dryly.

"Holy son of a..." Travis pressed his hands to his face, breathing hard.
"Wait, explain the science of this, please! Why do you think this will work?"

"Okay, so the virus is very strange, as through my research I have discovered that it only effects Downworlders, not Mundanes and not Nephilim. I studied this, and discovered some interesting things.

Now, whilst Mundanes do not get effected by the virus, they can harmlessly carry it, but there has been no evidence of a Nephilim being a carrier.
But whilst it lies dormant in Mundanes, only once the virus contaminates  Downworlders does it breed and multiply, which of course is what changes them into Draugr.

The explanation for this is as follows. The virus is... Triggered, as it were, by the demonic genetic traits Downworlders carry. Basically, the virus feeds of the demonic side of Downworlders, corrupting and mutating their genetic makeup in turn.
But once this is realised, the solution is simply logical, and my evidence supports it.

The demon elements​ of a Downworlders blood is what makes it a hospitable environment for the virus, so logically one would have to negate that to kill of the virus. Which is where the Nephilim blood comes in.
The lack of Nephilim carriers backs up this evidence, along with a reaction I examined on a slide between my blood and her contaminated blood."

Travis's jaw dropped. "Repeat that again, but in normal people English."

Evelyn sighed. "Look. It will hurt her, I will not lie. But​, if we only introduce a little to her system at a time, theoretically we could pass it through her system and then out again once it's had an effect, and then give her a transfer of, say, Magnus's blood. Look, I know what I'm doing. You just have to trust me.
Because, if not, our only other humane option is to put her out of her misery."

Dun dun duuuun!
I just killed any emotion generated by this chapter, didn't I?
Never mind.

Just checking though, did that make sense? Especially the last bit. Because I'm no medical professional, and this probably is all wrong, but I want it to sound believable.