Upside down

"Note to self; Laughing at a gang of totally wired tiny tots is not a good idea, as it gets you strung upside down from their treehouse."

The blood was rushing to Emilia's head, and her foot hurt from the strain of the rope tied around her ankle, suspending her from the tree outside Evelyn's mansion.

The rope was just long enough to keep her out of reach of the tree branches, but quite a lot short enough to keep her away from the ground.

Kicking her legs and wriggling her body in mid-air, she shrieked in frustration, arms flailing.
"I'm going to kill you! Kill the lot of you, I don't care that you're kindergarteners​!"

"I'll have you know, I'm seven!" Called down a voice from the branches above her, jolting the ropes around just to spite her.

"I don't care if you're seven-hundred! Let me the fuck up!"

There was a hushed silence, muffled voices coming from above, just out of hearing range, although she could swear she heard someone hiss "She said a bad word!"

Seconds later, a volley of water splashed down on her, poured from above her.
Twisting her head to face upwards, she caught a glimpse of the blonde haired girl, grinning maniacally, holding a now empty bucket.

"Shut up!" She barked, smirking. "Or I'll drench you again!"

"I'll do what I bloody well like!" Emilia yelled back, resisting the urge to flip her finger at a seven year old.
Especially one with a bucket.

The girl turned back to her gang. "Rigsy!" She called.

A little boy, slightly shorter than the blonde girl, with leaf-like ears peaking out of his caramel hair and what looked like a scaly tail whipping behind him, raced up, smiling eagerly.

"Yeah, Wes?"

"Go find Billy. I don't know what to do with her, but he might."