Positive

"Can I sit here?"

Nyx looked up at Sebastian through squinted tired eyes.
"Why so formal? Do what you like, it's a free country."

He sat down next to her, arms resting on his knees. "Just thought you might be ignoring me or something, seeing that your friend's death-glaring us."

"Wouldn't change a thing​." She said in a monotone voice. "She's already decided what she thinks."

"Ah." There was a long pause. "I'm sorry."

"Why? Not your fault. Well... Technically... Nah, let's just not go there. I don't blame you."

She sighed dejectedly.
"Talk to me."

He smiled softly. "What about?"

"Something positive. No, scratch that, something so sickeningly sweet and fluffy that you feel like you're about to cough up rainbows, because let's face it, everything currently is too damn depressing."

He chuckled. "Okay, uh... I really
enjoyed your Christmas party."

"That was ages ago." Nyx said, smiling weakly.

"So? Still loved it."

"Was fun, wasn't it?" Nyx agreed happily.

"Yeah. I really like your family. Although, your sister was all over me, which got annoying."

Nyx chuckled and playfully smacked his forearm.  "Don't lie, your ego enjoyed that."

"Well, maybe just a bit. Mostly because you spent the whole time staring at me and seething with jealousy in the corner." He teased her, eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Was not!" She exclaimed, mock-indignantly. "You think I'm shallow enough to get jealous?"

He laughed richly. "I'm not going to say anything, get the feeling I'd be damned if I answered wrong."

"And that, my friend, is a very good decision."

There was a drawn out silence.

"Our relationship is really bizarre, isn't it?" Nyx said finally.

"Thank God you said it first."

"Realistically, we're not that much alike. Technically. When you put it on paper, as it were."

"That's probably a good thing for you."

"I have absolutely no idea how we're going to proceed with this after we get out of here."

"Neither do I."

They smiled sympathetically at each other, laughing inwardly at their situation.
Gently, he took her hand, stroking her knuckles with his thumb.
"I liked your pink dress. You looked very beautiful in it."

"The one I wore at Christmas? I like that one too. Not as much as my green one though."

"Green one?"

She grinned. "I'll show you when we escape. It's really nice. Like, really nice."

He grinned. "I'd very much like to see that."

"Stop being such a bloody, stuck up, whiny little princess, and grab the mother fucking rock!"
The yell from the the​ tunnel made everyone jump.

Nyx rolled her eyes. "You can always depend on Alysha to kill a moment, can't you?"

I think I got the music attachments working. Are they?

Also, I'm going to London tomorrow, so probably no updates then.
But definitely the day after.