Stalking

Emilia stalked through the mansion hallways, every sense alive with the thrill of danger.

The place reeked of demons and dragur, an indescribable smell of blood and gore and rot and terror and the promise of painful death.
It was almost sickening, but at the same time made Emilia thrum with adrenaline.

However, for all the smell and visible evidence of a previous demon habitation, she had yet to see any living creatures.

This place brought back memories. She could see herself as the twelve year old runaway she once was, walking down these hallways under the pretence of taking Evelyn's advice and joining the other children for lessons, but instead playing hooky in Evelyn's Aladdin's cave of a basement.

Three years she'd stayed here, until one day the news had reached her that her father had passed away.
She'd been home in a flash, not to greive, but to inherit his pack, through force if she had to.

A short while later, a bedraggled Selene had come onto Evelyn's radar, although had ended up moving in with Rachel instead.

Emilia had been perfectly fine with her sister jumping ship like that, as long as she stayed away.
It was when she 'coerced' Owen into following her that Emilia had a problem.
It felt like Selene was trying to steal her pack from under her nose.

Stepping around the corner, Emilia stopped.

Something was definitely nearby.

She couldn't tell what it was, but she had the sense that there was something in the hallway with her, watching.

Spinning on her heel, Emilia drew a flick knife from her sleeve, clasping it lightly in her fingers.
Her cold blue eyes scanned the heavy shadows, but viewed nothing that denoted life.

Didn't mean nothing was there, though.
And she knew that.

Do tell me what you think of everything so far! Especially if you've not commented much before, I want to know your opinion too!