Escape plans

"NOW!" Yelled Billy, as the creature snapped at Nick's head.

Nick hurled Rigsy's object at the creature on reflex, fucking his head backwards out of the way of the demons bite.

The object basically exploded on impact.

Noxious smoke leaked forth from the material, swallowing the creature up in black folds, making it cry out in surprise and distress.
Sparks crackled in the smog, filling the air with static.

"RUN!" Yelled Billy, tearing​ past  the distracted creature, down​ the hallway, Rigsy on his heels.
Nick followed after them, ignoring the cries of the creature behind them, growing angrier and angrier by the minute.

"What... The hell... Was... That... Smoke thing?" He panted, falling into pace besides the boys.

"Smoke bomb." Replied Billy nonchalantly.

Nick choked with surprise. "What the...? You have smoke bombs? Wha...?"

"I made them!" Chimed Rigsy, smiling, pleased with himself.

"Err... that's great..." Nick replied, wondering exactly how these kids were doing these things and whether he should be worried or impressed.
Homemade smoke bombs and impossible gambling games invented by kid's somewhere between the ages of four and six?

If they kept this up, they'd rule the world one day.

This thread of thought was cut short by the sound of leathery wings and boney limbs from not to far behind them.

The creature had shaken off the effects of the smoke, and taken up the chase. And from the sounds of it, it wasn't alone.

"MOVE!" Nick bellowed, picking up the pace but not going at his full speed, not wanting to leave the two children behind.

"Come on, guys, what's the plan?" He hissed at them.

Billy gave him a glare. "You're the responsible adult, you think of something!"

"I may be the adult, but you're the one's with any kind of weapon! Gimme something to work with!"

"I'm thinking!" Billy yelled back.

Nick could feel the creatures coming closer and closer behind them.

In a last ditch effort, he made a split decision that he knew would be objected to, but was the safest option.

"Sorry, guys!" He said, scooping the kids up in his arms and slinging them over his shoulders, running faster.
The boys yelled indignantly, Billy violently kicking Nick in the chest.
Nick growled at them angrily. "I'm saving your fucking lives! Stop being fucking difficult!"

"Bad words!"

"Shut the fuck up!"