She knows

Going to take a rest, Nyx walked out of the currently being excaved side tunnel, pushing her curls out of her sweaty face and stumbling from the physical exertion.

She collapsed against a rock, breathing hard as she peeled her scruffy sweater off over her head.
"Holy crap, that was hard work."

She panted heavily, swallowing down mouthfuls of oxygen.

Then she noticed Maddie's icy blue stare from across the room.

Oh shit.

She could feel Luci's smirk from across the room, even though she was stood just on the edge of Nyx's peripheral vision.

"Um... Is there something wrong?" Nyx internally cringed. That sounded like such a stupid question.

Maddie just glared at her, arms crossed.
Nyx felt that she probably should cross over to Maddie and sit next to her, so they could talk it out, but at the same time, she really didn't want to.
There was something unappealing about sitting next to someone who was managing to look both angry and disappointed with you at the same time.

She knew. Maddie knew. Maddie knew everything. And she'd reacted exactly how Nyx had predicted she would.

Instead of speaking to Maddie, Nyx turned to Luci. "Hi, do you hate me for some reason?"

"Not really, no." Luci said innocently.

Alysha bounced into the cavern, somehow still bursting with energy. She flopped down next to Nyx. "Hey! Wait, what's happened?"

She looked up, seeing Maddie's​ glare. "Whoa, who pissed in her cereal?"

Nyx pointed at Luci. "She did."

"Okay, being that what I said was metaphorical, what exactly happened... Wait, I can guess. A certain romantic affair that no one would approve of?
Uh... Yeah, I got nothing. You're just gonna have to deal with Madeline on your own. But I can do this. HEY! Luce! You're being recruited to shift rocks! Get your butt over here and do some hard work for once!"

Luci groaned, but stood up, slouching sulkily.

Alysha rolled her eyes. "Now!"

Tell me what you think?