Evidence

"So she has a dead specimen. It just means she's dedicated. Evelyn said she's been studying the Draugr for a while."

Julianna didn't look up from the file. "A centuries old specimen?"

"Look, she even told us this. It's not a new disease, it's just not been around for a very long time. She had a book on it and everything.
From a scientific point of view, it would make sense for her to have this... Thing, even if it is a bit disturbing." Travis said, punctuating it with wide arm movements.
"Look, don't snoop through her research, she hasn't given you permission to and it's really none of your business."

Julianna ignored him. "You know what I find interesting? That this woman was doing research on this Draugr disease before we even had the outbreak."

"I don't know, it's her field of interest or something. Come on, let's go!"

"You can go. I'm just having a look."

Travis ran his fingers through his hair anxiously. "Look, all I care about is that she has a possibility of curing Rachel, thanks to the research she's done. Anything else doesn't matter.
Let's go already, before Billy does a runner, or Evelyn finds out and gets pissed.
Come on!"

"Am I correct in saying that the Draugr's started appearing roughly a year or so ago, give or take?"

"That's around the time I became aware of them, so probably yeah. Look, are you staying or getting a lift with us?"

"Just that by looking at this, the timelines match up rather suspiciously."

Travis rolled his eyes. "Alright, fine, you win. I'll play. Suspicious how?"

"Suspicious in a way which suggests that very soon after Evelyn brought this... Item home, the Draugr disease 'miraculously' re-spawned itself after centuries of being extinct.
Or rather, buried in the desert."

What do you make of that?