Going for an explore

Julianna was wandering through Evelyn's laboratory, having a look around and pondering the morality and the science of Evelyn's 'cure' theory.

It seemed really wrong to her, mentally repulsive whenever she thought about it, but at the same time, she couldn't help but be glad that there was a chance at a cure. If it did succeed, that one in a million chance, then with a little more development they could potentially not just cure Rachel, but potentially others as well, and stop an epidemic in its tracks.

It still made her skin crawl to think about though.
Which was part of the reason she was not hanging around the surgery room.

Evelyn's lab was a subject of great interest and curiosity for Julianna.
She'd come to understand that Evelyn was a Shadowhunter who'd separated from the Clave, but the fact that all of this had gone unnoticed was incredible.

So much so, that Julianna wondered if Evelyn had a contact on the inside who was purposefully directing them away.
Then again, maybe it was just whatever concoction she'd reinforced her wards with was just really good.
Or maybe she killed and ate anyone the Clave sent to the house.
Anything seemed possible with this eccentric woman.

Behind her, she could sense the movement of her little shadow sneakily trying to follow her. She rolled her eyes irritably. That creepy faery kid had not left her alone since the moment he'd laid eyes on her.
He'd developed a fascination with her runes, and had been tracing the ones on her arms with his fingers before she'd decided that she really needed to go for an explore.

He'd been tailing her the whole time, making a game out of it as she decided the best tactic was to just to ignore him.
Besides, if she got lost, she could always somehow persuade him to lead her back.

Striding forwards into another section of the maze-like underground laboratory, she pulled back a plastic curtain, striding forwards...

... "Holy son of a..." She yelled, skidding to a halt, mouth open at what she saw before her.