Responsibilities

"Okay, Owen, so you're one hundred percent fine looking after Abby? Yeah, okay. Fine. Ah, yeah, she does that. Just rub her back for a bit, she'll calm down. And you know what she is and isn't allowed to eat, right? Don't go feeding her anything that'll hurt her teeth now, they're still coming through."

Selene was on the phone to Owen, chewing her lip anxiously as she conversed with him.
She was really anxious to check in, feeling that she had to do something, anything to quench this helpless feeling she had just thinking​ about Rachel.

Nearby, Travis was playing some sort of weird piggyback game with the little blonde girl, Wesley, if she recalled correctly.

Well, at least he'd managed to find a distraction, although it would have been nice if he'd found something useful to do.
You know, like checking in on his own daughter for once, instead of leaving it to everyone else.

Finishing the conversation, she hung up.

Travis galloped over, the little girl hanging off his shoulder blades.

"Hey, how's Abby?"

"His little tiny baby daughter." The little girl added excitedly.

Selene smiled thinly. "Abby's fine. A little grizzly though. I think she's probably noticed our absence and is a little stressed out by it."
She rubbed at her face, clearly exhausted.
"Maybe... I don't know. I don't want to leave Rachel here, and no one else does either, but maybe some of us should go home? Give Owen a hand. It's very difficult coping with Abby on your own, and like... Rachel's important but so is she.
I don't know. Maybe one or two of us should head back, just for a while, and then later we can switch, so we do it in shifts or something?
Also, let's face it, we all need food and a sleep. I think it's a good idea to not let emotions get the better of us, we do have other responsibilities that we can't... Put aside just for Rachel.
We're not really helping here, so..."
She trailed off tiredly.

Travis nodded, picking up her point. "Yeah. We've done all we can here, we can't neglect Abby, or ourselves. Rachel... wouldn't like that.
Tell you what, we'll let the others know, and then find out where we're supposed to drop these munchkins off..." He gestured to Wesley. "...and then I'll go back with you."

He slid Wesley off his shoulders, setting her on the floor.
"Down you go, kiddo. Let's get your little pals and get you back to your parents."

"Can I come back to yours to see the baby?"

"Maybe not today."

Wesley pouted. "Aww, not fair."

"I know it's not. But your Mummy's probably looking for you.
Now, where's your sister?"

"Talking to the weird werewolf lady, the one that looks like her." She pointed at Selene, her body language seeping irritation at not getting to see the baby.

Selene gave Travis a funny look. "Well, she's obviously not with me."

Travis shrugged. "She probably doesn't actually mean you. Most likely Emilia. She's your shade of blonde, that's all."

Selene raised an eyebrow, voice suddenly very harsh. "Emilia? Emilia who?"

"Emilia, that lady over there!" Wesley chirped, pointing.

Okay, I need a consensus on that book 5 thing.
Also, not 100% decided on what type of Downworlder Wesley and Candace are, so any ideas...