Going out

Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring... You have reached the voicemail of the L'ange household. We are either out, extremely busy or, in the case of the four teenagers who live here, too lazy to pick up the phone. Anyway, please leave a message after the beep. Beeeep!

Rachel's recorded voice echoed through Julianna's phone.
Julianna hung up. No point leaving a message. They hadn't picked up the last three times.

She looked at Cody's disappointed face. "I'm sorry. I've been calling every half-hour and they've not picked up. I think they're really busy."

"Take me to the house."

Julianna looked at Cody's determined face. "Take you to the house? We can't just barge in!"

"Can too! They said I could come any time!"

Julianna sighed. Maybe just complying would convince him to give it a rest for a while.

"Fine. Aunt Sabrina! Cody and I are going out for a while! Tell Izzy I'll be late for training!"

"No need, I heard."

Julianna turned her head to see Izzy down the hall. "Oh, okay. Good. Come on then, Cody."

"Yay! We're going to see Abby!" Cody sing-songed.

"What, you're going to Rachel's house?" Izzy enquired, in a way that obviously insinuated that the question was leading up to something else. "It's just... Magnus paid a visit there yesterday for some reason, and we haven't been able to get ahold of him all night. He's not answering his phone. It's pissed Alec off to no end. Apparently they had plans."

Julianna furrowed her brow. "Well, that's odd. None of Rachel's family are picking up either."

"That's very suspicious. Do you think something's happened?"

"Don't know. Guess I'll find out. Probably nothing bad. Actually, I bet it's something to do with Nyx. She probably got returned home, and they're sorting her out.
I'll still go. C'mon Cody."