Finding each other

Alysha charged into the cavern, literally skidding to a halt besides Nyx, panting slightly.

Nyx jumped out of her skin as Alysha appeared.
"HOLY SHIT! Fucking... Err... Hi Alysha?"

"That's her! That's her! That's Alysha! The one the looks like you!" Maddie cried out, jabbing her finger at Alysha, eyes wide and showing how once again she was slipping back into that oh-so-terrifying mental place that Nyx had struggled pulling her back from the edge of before.

Seeing her friends distress, Nyx rushed over to her, throwing her arm around her shoulders and pulling her close.
"Hey, hey, it's okay. Yes, that is Alysha. But it's okay, I've got you."

"She's... The one who was in your body, and now she's not."

"Yes, yes, that is what it was. But it's okay, I am here." She sounded like she was talking to a child.

Alysha crouched down in front of them, facial expression indiscernible. "Hey, I think I found something. Come with me, I need you to see this."

Nyx smiled weakly, like she was forcing herself to react in any kind of positive manner. "Kind of ironic, we found something too."

She gestured with her head to the granite wall, leaking it's thin strip of light.
Alysha glanced in its direction, face displaying displeasure, although unclear why or in what way.
"Yes. Yes you did. Look, come on. I'll help you carry... Madeline, isn't it? I'll help you carry poor injured Madeline."

Maddie shrunk slightly into Nyx at that suggestion.
Nyx stroked her shoulder soothingly. "Alysha, give us a minute or so. Maddie... Maddie isn't taking everything too well. I think she's in shock, actually."

Alysha huffed irritably. "God's sake. She's a bloody Nephil. Aren't they supposed to be strong?"

"She's a human being, Alysha!" Nyx snarled. "We're all the same underneath." She glared at her angrily, feeling her face get hot with anger, eyes filled with fury.

Alysha took a slight step back, holding her hands up like she was surrendering. "Okay, okay, it's fine, I understand." Her voice was like honey, as if trying to soothe​ and angry child.

Nyx pulled Maddie close to her body protectively, glaring unblinking at Alysha, fizzing with almost tangible anger.

And then Maddie whispered quietly into Nyx's shoulder, looking past Alysha's shoulder to someone in the shadows behind. "He's watching us."