Up and out

It took some effort to manoeuvre Maddie from where she was say to were the now largely expanded opening was, and successfully rig her up to the rope and pulley system someone had rigged up to get them out.
Unfortunately, none of the rescue party could come down and help them, with the structure being as difficult and unstable as it was, they didn't need more bodies trafficking the cavern if it could be helped.

Alysha had appointed herself in charge, which was begrudged by pretty much everyone, but no one could be bothered to argue.

"Right, so, Madeline's going up first... And Nyx, Sweetheart, if you go up with her, you can help coordinate her acent, make sure it's all going okay.
Then... I think it's Princess here, by default of her 'concussion', then the rest of us follow up."

There was a general consensus of nods and mutters, and swift as anything Nyx was harnessed up to, to go up alongside Maddie.

There was hardly time to say or register anything, before she was being yanked up into the air, having to negotiate both herself and Maddie through the uneven vertical tunnel, pretty much abseiling up the tight walls that engulfed them.

Suddenly, they were crawling out into the early morning sunlight, hands pulling them up out the hole from all sides, onto the level ground.
Nyx lay her head flat against the coarse, scrubby grass, eyes shut with exhaustion, breathing down gulps of the open air she'd so sorely missed, and thanked whatever heavenly being had been looking out for her that she was alive.

Down in the Cavern, Luci was being seen up next, already rising towards the hole in the ceiling.

Now it was just Sebastian and Alysha.

He eyed her coldly. "Ladies first."

"Actually, before that, can I just have a quick word?"

📢 IMPORTANT NOTICE: DO NOT IGNORE!📢

As of tomorrow, I will be changing the name of THIS book to 'Reflections of Mist' and calling the NEXT book 'Reflections of light', as I personally feel 'Reflections of light' is a name for an end of series book, which this book was supposed to be, but basically has now ended up being cut in two because it would be too long.

So yeah, I'm pre-warning you that it's going to be changing soon, and I hope that's okay.
Everything else is staying the same, like the cover graphics and the story and everything, I'm just changing the name.

I hope no one is going to be  confused!

Anyway, thanks! :)