Listen

"You try something, I'll scream." Nyx immediately bit back at him, yanking her wrist out of his grip.

"Now that hurts. You think I'd do something to you?"

"You literally just grabbed me against my will to stop me leaving."

She glared at him, unblinking. He held her gaze, face hard, a muscle twitching in his cheek.
He took a shallow breath.

"Just listen. For God's sake, just listen."
He sounded almost broken.

Nyx relented, albeit still acting very distainful of him. "Fine. I will. Just say it. But if you touch me again, I'll smack you. And don't use the words 'I'm sorry', because you've already said that. A lot."

"Fine. Okay. I'm not sure what I was thinking when Alysha and I kissed, because it just happened. She just started talking to me, you know, in her politely  insulting Alysha​ way, and next thing I know, she just flips out. She's just lost it, yelling and screaming at the caves, at me, at everything.
And then she quiets down, but is acting really strange. She's muttering stuff, and she comes up really close, and then she just... Kisses me."

"And then slaps you?"

"It's Alysha. The bitch is crazy."

"So this 'crazy bitch' just kisses you and you don't think to stop her?"

"I miss you."

"Don't change the subject."

"I'm not. I miss you. I miss everything about you. Your smile, your laugh, your touch, you.
Everything about you is so... Colourful.
Bright, and warm, and colourful.
You're this beautiful person in this beautiful world.
And I want it. I want everything about you.

And I'm selfish. I want to have you all to myself. But apparently, I can't." He threw up his hands dramatically. "And I don't see why!
And then... She kissed me. And she looks so much like you, and she feels so much like you... And I couldn't help it.
It was too tempting. I wasn't in control. I couldn't... I wanted her to be you. She used that. This is what she wants!

Look..."

He reached towards her hand almost involuntarily, but she whipped her hand behind her back, narrowing her eyes at him.

Instead, he just stepped closer to her, looking her in the eye.
"I need you. Don't leave me."

Nyx couldn't meet his gaze, instead looking towards the tunnel opening.
"Uh..." She swallowed nervously. "Uh... I... Don't... Uh..." Her head swirled, her limbs felt like jelly.

"Please." He whispered.

Sorry if your notifications said this was published previously, I hit the publish button by accident. A ton.

Also, sorry it's late, this has been fucking hard to write!

Was it okay? I have mixed feelings about it, and am willing to rewrite if necessary.